Grants for graduate students are small amounts of funding that are designated for specific uses, such as travel grants, small research grants, and childcare grants. 

Travel Grants

In addition to the Graduate School Managed Travel Grants, graduate students are encouraged to consider applying for these other travel grant opportunities: 

-Purdue Graduate Student Government Travel Grants: 

-Sigma Xi Grants in Aid of Research: 

Small Research Grants

In addition to the Grad Student Summer Research Grant, here are a few external small research grants available to graduate students: 

-The Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy:

-The North Central Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Grad Student Grant (NC-SARE):

-The American Women in Science (AWIS) Fellowship Grant for Research Supplies:

-Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society Graduate Research Grants: 

Childcare Grants

The Purdue Graduate Student Government offers childcare grants in the fall and spring semesters. Visit for more information.  These awards are based on financial need.




Ernest C. Young Hall, Room 170 | 155  S. Grant Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2114 | 765-494-2600

© Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by The Purdue University Graduate School

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact The Purdue University Graduate School.