Graduate Diversity Visitation Program (GDVP)
The Graduate Diversity Visitation Program (GDVP) is a four-day program held each fall semester. During the visit, you’ll become familiar with the Graduate School leadership staff, graduate programs, faculty and students in your program of interest, the rich, cultural opportunities present at the University and Greater Lafayette community, and experience campus life.
Through this program, it is our goal to encourage you and other underrepresented minority students to pursue a graduate education at Purdue. We also strive to establish long-lasting ties between faculty and students on the Purdue campus and minority-serving institutions and universities. We are dedicated to raising awareness of the educational opportunities available to students and increasing minority graduate enrollment on the Purdue campus.
The Graduate School covers all expenses related to the components of the visit. You’ll arrive on Sunday and depart on Wednesday. You’ll stay on campus at the Purdue Union Club Hotel and all essential meals are provided during the stay.
You’ll meet with faculty, administrators and current graduate students. A tour of the campus and visit to the laboratories, libraries, and classrooms will also be provided.
The visitation program will provide you with professional development opportunities including information about the various funding models and opportunities in graduate school; this includes information on fellowships and assistantships. You’ll also receive suggestions on how to improve your graduate school application.
GDVP 2022 Application Portal is now open!
Requirements for application
- Must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or DACA recipient.
- Must be interested in a Masters or Ph.D. Program.
- Underrepresented minority
students are particularly encouraged
- FREE TRAVEL to and from the West Lafayette, IN campus.
- FREE HOUSING for the duration of the program
- NETWORK with Purdue faculty, staff, and graduate students
- TOUR the campus, including your department of interest
- ENGAGE in professional development opportunities
- College of Education
- College of Health & Human Sciences
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Science
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- Krannert School of Management
- College of Agriculture
- College of Engineering
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- College of Pharmacy
- Purdue Polytechnic Institute