Transfer Students

Thinking about transferring but unsure of how it will affect your financial aid? Whether you’re transferring to Purdue’s main campus, to another institution, or between regional campuses. We want to make the process as easy as possible.

Transfer to Purdue West Lafayette 

We’re thrilled you’re considering transferring to our campus and want to make the process as easy as possible. To transfer financial aid eligibility to Purdue University West Lafayette: 

Forward your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

Information can be forwarded to Purdue University by going online. You’ll need Purdue’s school code (001825) to send aid over. We will determine eligibility for need-based aid using the FAFSA. Keep in mind that we may request documents to verify FAFSA data, but please only send verification documents if they are requested. Forward your FAFSA information using the federal student aid website.

If you have an award from the Indiana Commission for Higher Education (CHE)

Contact them directly to change your school choice; this can be done online on your ScholarTrack account.

If you have a scholarship awarded to you from a private award donor (something other than the college/university you’re currently attending)

Contact the donor to determine if the award can be used at Purdue University, then notify your donor that you will be attending Purdue University so they can forward any awards to the Bursar’s Office.

If you received the first disbursement of a Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Educational Loan at your previous institution

Contact your previous institution and make sure they cancel the second disbursement of your loan in both their system, and within the Department of Education system. You may reapply for your remaining loan eligibility at Purdue University, and we can help you make sure it was canceled if you’re unsure.

If you have received a Health Professions Student Loan Program (HPSL) loan

Contact your previous institution to cancel any pending disbursements. You may not receive a Health Professional Student Program Loan at Purdue; it depends on our funding. If you are offered a loan, it will be reflected in your financial aid notification. You will need to accept the loan on your myPurdue portal and complete another promissory note.

If you want to transfer from another University or from a different Purdue campus to the West Lafayette campus on a temporary basis

Consult with the Office of Admissions in regard to being admitted to a degree program at the West Lafayette campus. If this is not possible, consult with a financial aid counselor.