Winter Session is an innovative opportunity for undergraduate students to take study abroad during the three weeks between the fall and spring semesters.
Many Purdue students choose to participate in a study abroad program at some point throughout their academic careers. Studying abroad over just three weeks during Winter Session can allow you to gain global experience and earn credit at a reduced rate due to the short time span abroad. For information on the different programs available, visit the Study Abroad website.
To utilize financial aid for the Winter Session, students must fulfill the requirements below.
- A 2022-23 FAFSA, unless the student will utilize private loan(s) only.
- No outstanding requests for additional information for your 2022-23 FAFSA file.
- Requests for additional information can be found in your myPurdue portal under the Financial Aid tab in the Financial Aid Requirements section.
- Keep in mind that it can take as long as 4 weeks for our offices to review documentation once submitted.
- The costs and aid associated with the Winter Session will be added to the Spring Term for financial aid purposes.
- Eligible aid for the Winter Session will be disbursed approximately 10 days before the start of the Winter Session course.
- All remaining aid for the Spring Term will be disbursed 10 days before the start of classes in the Spring.