Graduate Students

Just like undergraduate students, graduate students have the opportunity to apply for and accept financial aid to help fund their schooling. Find out more about financial aid for graduate students below!

As a graduate student — or a prospective one — you’re probably wondering how you can apply for aid or what type of aid you’re eligible for. Luckily, the process of applying for federal aid is pretty much the same as for undergrads: submit your FAFSA, review your Financial Aid Notification, and accept or reject aid

At Purdue, research assistantships, teaching assistantships, fellowships, and scholarships are offered through the individual academic departments, with more information being available through the Graduate School. All fee remissions and stipends are considered as part of your financial aid award offer and offset your Cost of Attendance. 

Once you complete the FAFSA, you’ll be eligible for federal loansincluding the Graduate PLUS Loan, and may also need to consider private loans. Check out these loan options

If you receive a fee remission, stipend, or funding from a source other than Purdue, be sure to report it on your myPurdue account.  

If you’re in a Mitchell E. Daniels School of Business program, your program may have additional costs.

GRE Fee Waiver Request

To request a fee waiver for the GRE, students will need to contact the Education Testing Site (ETS). You can reach ETS at either or 1-609-771-7092.  

Schools can no longer issue GRE fee reduction certificates.