This is a overview of how projects work through the Bechtel Center using our Project Management System and Discord Server.
Starting Fall 2020: every project needs to have virtual project approval and a design consultation via Discord. An appointment needs to be made at any machine(s) for work to be done.
- Create Proposal in the Project Management System
- Under [My Proposals] select [Create New]
- Fill out the project proposal form
- Complete the relevant safety badges in the Project Management System
- Prepare your design by thinking about functional and stylistic goals, to be communicated (Engineering drawings/CAD designs preferred)
- See the respective [Steps to a ___ Project] for specific design tips
- Join the Bechtel Innovation Design Center Discord Server with this server link
- Read the server rules, set your nickname
- Enter the [Waiting Room] voice channel
- Briefly explain your project and it will be approved or denied (with feedback)
- If your project is approved, when available, you will be sent to a consultation room for design review and any necessary modification
- You will be added to the Bechtel Center Fusion Team for file access
- *If no consultation slot is available, you can wait or schedule a future consultation
- *Once designs and manufacturing processes are verified, you can use the project management system to schedule time on any machine(s) you will be using.
- Teams can only reserve one machine at a time. Anyone operating a machine is required to be familiar with what operations are taking place, (no handing off for others to babysit your program)
- *Arrive 15 minutes before your time on the machine then get to work and make sure to have proper PPE (long pants, closed toed shoes, safety glasses) with you
*Subject to change