For New Students
Operating Hours: 9 AM to 5 PM Monday - Friday (except university holidays)
Majors Supported: All Purdue students
General PPE: Long pants, closed toed shoes, Z87+ safety glasses (different areas might have aditional PPE requiremnts)
Step 1: Initial Project Consultation (~10 mins - 1 hr)
- During our operating hours join our Discord Server, and hop on the Front Desk channel.
- The Front Desk will connect you with an available Peer Mentor and help you start a consultation.
- You may have to provide information about material, purpose, design etc. Keep that information handy before you get in a consultation. Hint: Volunteering, tours and learning to use equipment are all projects.
- From the consultation you should get project viability, resource list, learning resources, project workflow etc. Hint: Take notes!
Step 2: Project Proposal (~10 mins)
Step 3: Finish Safety Quizzes (~10 mins - 30 mins)
Step 4: Further Consultations (~1 hr - 3 hrs)
- Depending on the nature of the project there might be multiple subsequent consultations. These could be on Discord or in-person (decided by Peer Mentor start in Discord) at the Center. Hint: Always take notes! Share what you have discussed with the last Peer Mentor. Simple web searches can often solve a lot of problems; save the difficult questions for the Peer Mentors.
- Ask the Peer Mentor if you are ready for a Reservation.
Step 5: Reservation (~10 mins)