For New Students
Operating Hours by Lab: Hot Works: Closed: 12:00 am-11:59 pm Electronics: 9:00 am-11:00 am Metal Shop: 9:00 am-8:00 pm Wood Shop: 9:00 am-8:00 pm Composites: 11:30 am-1:00 pm Electronics: 3:30 pm-7:00 pm
Hot Works: Closed: 12:00 am-11:59 pm
Electronics: 9:00 am-11:00 am
Metal Shop: 9:00 am-8:00 pm
Wood Shop: 9:00 am-8:00 pm
Composites: 11:30 am-1:00 pm
Electronics: 3:30 pm-7:00 pm
Step 1: Initial Project Consultation (~10 mins - 1 hr)
- During our operating hours join our Discord Server, and hop on the Front Desk channel.
- The Front Desk will connect you with an available Peer Mentor and help you start a consultation.
- You may have to provide information about material, purpose, design etc. Keep that information handy before you get in a consultation. Hint: Volunteering, tours and learning to use equipment are all projects.
- From the consultation you should get project viability, resource list, learning resources, project workflow etc. Hint: Take notes!
Step 2: Project Proposal (~10 mins)
Step 3: Finish Initial Agreements Quizzes (~10 mins - 30 mins)
- Take the quizzes based on your project in the Project Management System. Hint: You can click on the quizzes in the Project Manangement System to jump to the quiz. You have to accept the badges for them to be complete.
Step 4: Further Consultations (~1 hr - 3 hrs)
- Depending on the nature of the project there might be multiple subsequent consultations. These could be on Discord or in-person (decided by Peer Mentor start in Discord) at the Center. Hint: Always take notes! Share what you have discussed with the last Peer Mentor. Simple web searches can often solve a lot of problems; save the difficult questions for the Peer Mentors.
- Ask the Peer Mentor if you are ready for a Reservation.
Step 5: Reservation (~10 mins)