Faculty and Staff Preparations Checklist for working remotely
This checklist should be completed by each staff member who may be working remotely.
- Always leave your computer on when you leave the office so it can be accessed remotely if necessary. Be sure to have your token or have the Duo app configured for two-factor authentication (2FA).
- If you use a laptop, take it home each night so you have it in the event the university closes down.
- Verify you have the VPN client on your laptop/home computer.
- VPN download and install instructions
- Do not access sensitive or restricted data from your home computer. If you need to access sensitive or restricted data, please contact the IT team.
- Contact Science IT if you have any concerns about being able to use a specific piece of software from home. (Endnote, GraphPad, Photoshop, etc.)
- SANS fact sheet: Working securely from home (PDF)