March 16, 2020
Center for Healthy Living announces workflow changes effective today
Story update (3/20/20): To maintain the health and safety of Purdue students, staff and faculty -- and to support the public health response of the community to the COVID-19 crisis -- the Center for Healthy Living (CHL) on Purdue’s West Lafayette campus has moved to full-time telehealth services, effective March 20 and will remain as such until further notice. Full story
One to One Health -- the company that manages the Center for Healthy Living (CHL) on Purdue’s West Lafayette campus -- in accordance with the most recent CDC guidelines regarding the coronavirus, will be implementing new operational workflows beginning today (March 16). CHL’s new workflows will remain in place until further notice.
- 7 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday -- CHL will serve “well” patients for any physicals/well women/preventive needs.
- Well visit appointments currently scheduled outside of the 7 a.m. to noon time frame in the next month will be rescheduled; appointments farther out than one month may also need to be rescheduled.
- Well patients will wait in the “kids” waiting area in case a sick person walks in unexpectedly
- Noon to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday -- CHL staff will release the well patients, decontaminate the waiting area and exam rooms and prepare for sick visits. Please note: The doors may be locked during this time.
- 1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays -- CHL will serve sick patients.
- Sick patients will wait in the front room to contain the spread of germs.
- No walk-ins will be allowed; all sick individuals must call ahead so they can be triaged appropriately.
Health coaching, employee assistance counseling and pharmacy appointments
- Health coaching, employee assistance counseling and pharmacy appointments can continue as usual throughout the day.
- All appointments will be offered as telephonic first and rescheduled as such, should the patient agree.
- If the appointment times fall during the afternoon sick hours (after 1 p.m.), the patients will enter through the side door in between CHL and Follett’s. Upon arrival, the patients will call the direct line of the provider they are seeing to let them know they have arrived for their appointment; the coach/EAP/pharmacist will meet them at the side door for entry and escort them back afterward to exit.
Patients experiencing flu-like symptoms (pre-screen via phone at 765-494-0111)
- For those that are exhibiting potential flu symptoms, but not full COVID-19 symptoms, CHL will implement drive-thru viral testing (appointments are required to be on the medical assistants’ schedule), if the provider team deems viral testing to be appropriate.
- If a test is ordered and an appointment for the test has been made, once the patient is in the parking lot for their test, they will call the number given to them during their phone screening to let CHL providers know they have arrived.
- The appropriate staff member will meet the patient in the parking lot, where they will stay in their car for the test. The CHL staff member will swab and collect through the window.
- Telephonic follow-up will resume for the patient. Any cases that have flu-like symptoms and are negative for their viral testing will follow standard procedure of being reported to the Department of Health, if deemed necessary.
- Testing for the coronavirus will not be done at CHL; staff will continue to follow CDC (U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines to screen patients and send them to the appropriate testing facility if deemed necessary by the Indiana State Department of Health.