Course Repeat Policy
Under University regulations, a student may attempt a non-repeatable course (a course that does not result in duplication of credit) up to three times. Students may request consideration of a fourth attempt by completing the College of Science Fourth Attempt process. A fourth attempt in a course requires a waiver of University regulation and is not guaranteed.
Fourth Attempt Request Process
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss a fourth attempt request. Extenuating circumstances affecting prior attempts must be presented for fourth attempt consideration.
- Complete the Fourth Attempt form and submit it to your academic advisor. You will are asked to 1) address the conditions that prevented the successful completion of the course and 2) present a plan that ensures success in a fourth and final attempt.
- Your advisor will submit your request to the Director of Academic Advising for review. If approved by the College, you will enter a registration override request.
- All Aboard Purdue
- Academic & Registration Resources
- Advisor Directory
- CoS Advising Policy
- CODO Information
- CODO Procedure and Advising
- Dual Degree Policy
- Curriculum and Degree Requirements
- Grade Appeals
- Pre-professional Programs
- Earning Requirements Through Experience
- SPLASH - Science Plus Liberal Arts: Second Home
- Student Resources
- Registrar's Office Student Resources
- Tutoring Services/Help Sessions
- Student and Family FAQ