Screening for colon cancer with Cologuard®
“Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths.”
– World Health Organization
“If caught at its earliest stages, colorectal cancer is 90 percent curable.”
– National Cancer Institute
That’s why timely screening should be part of your regular health check-upPurdue University’s Center for Healthy Living (CHL), in conjunction with Cologuard® and Exact Sciences, is providing no-cost, noninvasive colon cancer screenings to qualifying benefits-eligible Purdue employees and spouses covered on a Purdue health plan. Restrictions apply.*
Cologuard detects 92 percent of colorectal cancers with 87 percent specificity.
*Cologuard is not for high-risk individuals, including those with a history of colorectal cancer and advanced adenoma, a family history of colorectal cancer, IBD or certain hereditary syndromes. The following restrictions apply:
- Less than 50 years old
- Personal or family history of colon cancer
- Personal history of inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis or colonic polyps
- Cologuard within the past 3 years
- Have had a colonoscopy in the last 10 years
- Greater than 85 years of age
Eligible individuals will complete a pre-screening questionnaire via the Healthy Boiler Portal.