Healthcare concierge available to better serve employees
As part of Benefits’ mission to provide health and wellness education and support, healthcare concierge services are available to Purdue University employees and their families covered by one of Purdue’s medical plans.
Filling the role of healthcare concierge is Neil Smith.
In his role, Neil is committed to helping members who are struggling with the challenges of the healthcare system and is available to act as a source of education, guidance and support.
What the concierge can do for you
- Provide expert advice on the ins and outs of the healthcare system
- Guide and educate on health care billing and insurance claim disputes
- Work directly with Anthem and health providers to assist with pre-certifications and the appeal process
- Help to locate in-network providers and services that are best in care and most cost-effective to help you to become a more informed and better health care consumer.
- Recommend health and wellness solutions available through Anthem and the Center for Healthy Living.
“I want to achieve a good relationship with the employees, so that they can depend on someone and reach out when there is an issue,” Neil says.
Neil brings a wealth of customer service and concierge experience to help him meet that goal, most recently as part of Anthem’s customer service team in Georgia. Prior to joining Anthem, he oversaw concierge responsibilities at a rehabilitation facility in Chicago.
Neil was born in Jamaica and moved to Chicago, where he graduated from high school. He earned a bachelor’s degree in computer network management from Westwood College. He enjoys soccer and is a former coach, as well as a lifelong Manchester United fan.
His position as healthcare concierge offers him three big benefits: a new challenge, a change of scenery and a shorter drive to his family in Chicago.
Neil is available by appointment only, in person or by phone. To make an appointment, call the Center for Healthy Living (where Neil’s office is housed) at 765-494-0111.
As always, please continue to contact Human Resources customer service for your benefits questions and concerns at 765-494-2222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 2019 Issue 6
- Healthcare concierge available to better serve employees
- Anthem’s Care & Cost Finder offers convenient, easy access to finding providers, services at low-costs
- Healthy Boiler Portal offers a wealth of health and wellness resources and information
- ‘Save Your Vision Month’ puts focus on eye health and annual eye exams: VSP can help
- Affordable Care Act requires dependent Social Security numbers for medical coverage
- A Virta tattoo? Why Anne got Virta’s logo tattooed on her arm
- Be sure your beneficiary information is up-to-date to ensure your wishes are fulfilled
- Anthem ConditionCare provides a no-cost program to help individuals manage chronic conditions
- Life change? Should your benefits change, too?
- 2018 flexible spending account claims need to be submitted by March 31, 2019