Space Administration is a part of the Real Estate department and is responsible for collecting data on short-term and long-term space utilization and space needs across campus. This process includes a systematic process of inventorying, allocating, planning, designing and maintaining space. The department’s goal is to provide flexibility, functionality and efficiency while meeting the University’s space requirements.
In order to realize this goal, the department follows these key tenets to provide strong, proactive space administration services:
- Better understand space needs in order to plan for future projects
- Operate facilities with optimum efficiency and utilization
- Provide flexibility and a platform for innovative educational program delivery to better respond to program needs
- Establish appropriate teaching, research and community service resources
- Reflect the value system of the campus