For Departmental Use Only
To request new space on a temporary or permanent basis for office, instructional or research purposes on the West Lafayette campus, access and electronically complete the Space Request Form through DocuSign.
- Follow the link above for the Space Request Form
- Enter a full name and email address
- Enter the name and email address for the department head/director
- Enter the name and email address for the dean/vice president
- Click "Begin Signing"
- Complete all fields on the form in sections A and B
- Digitally sign the form in section C by clicking the "Sign" button
- Click "Finish"
- The form will automatically be routed with an email notification to the next signator
- Once all signatures have been submitted, Occupancy Planning will be notified of the request and will contact the requestor with any questions
Memorandum of Understanding/Space Agreement
Space requests may result in a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) being created to document the formal agreement for space use between two or more departments permanently or a Space Agreement being created to document the formal agreement for space use between two or more departments for a specific period of time.
As the MOU or Space Agreement is approaching expiration, the following steps will be taken to request an expiration or extension of the original MOU:
- The Space Administration team will identify MOUs that will expire within the next three months.
- An email will be sent to the facility manager and requestor indicating the expiration is approaching. Additional information related to space usage and possible employee work styles will be evaluated.
- Department will review the email and make a decision:
- If the decision is to expire the Space Agreement at the end of the agreement, the requestor will respond to the email indicating the request will be terminated.
- If the decision is to extend the Space Agreement at the end of the agreement, the requestor will need to submit a new space request, which could take up to six months to complete.
Questions may be directed to Josie Galloway at firstname.lastname@example.org.