Advising and Registration Appointment Policies
Advising Appointment Policy
Students schedule 30-minute appointments with their assigned advisors:
- to register for Fall/Spring semesters, Summer terms
- for in-depth advising questions
- for academic/degree planning, graduate/professional school planning and career development
- to discuss and receive support in addressing personal and academic challenges
- for general questions and concerns
Students must be on time for their scheduled appointments. Late arrivals of more than 5 minutes may result in a cancellation of an appointment. Make An Advising Appointment
Registration Appointment Policy
Students will be contacted by their academic advisor to schedule registration appointments in BoilerConnect.
- One registration appointment may be scheduled per semester or term.
- Appointments must be canceled no less than 24-hours in advance of the appointment. Extenuating circumstances (e.g. severe illness or an unexpected personal concern) will be considered when this policy is not met. In this circumstance, the ability to schedule another appointment during the pre-registration period is not guaranteed.
- Failure to cancel an appointment will result in no further registration appointments until the open registration period.
Registration Appointment Process
- Advisors will complete the Advisor Course Recommendation form (ACRF) prior to a student's registration appointment.
- Students will review course recommendations with their advisor and agree upon course choices for the subsequent semester/term. Students will submit their Course Recommendation (CRF) form by the deadline to ensure they are part of the pre-registration process.
- During the open registration period, students will use Scheduling Assistant to make schedule changes after consulting with their advisor. Registration PINs are found in each student's BoilerConnect notes section.
Drop-in Appointment Policy
Drop-in appointments are available to discuss needs such as dropping/adding courses, resolving scheduling conflicts, completing paperwork, and addressing other time-sensitive questions. Appointments are kept to 10 minutes and may not be used for registration or degree planning purposes.
- Advisors schedule drop-in times that vary throughout the week to accomodate student schedules. Visit check drop-in times to review your advisor's schedule. Times are updated the Friday before the following week and are subject to change without notice.
- Students must see their assigned advisor. If there is a time-sensitive need, students should email their advisor or email@example.com if their advisor is away from the office.
- Drop-in appointments are on a first-come, first-served basis, and therefore, students are not guaranteed to see their advisor during scheduled drop-in times if the number of students to be seen is greater than the time allotted.
- All Aboard Purdue
- Academic & Registration Resources
- Advisor Directory
- CoS Advising Policy
- CODO Information
- CODO Procedure and Advising
- Dual Degree Policy
- Curriculum and Degree Requirements
- Grade Appeals
- Pre-professional Programs
- Earning Requirements Through Experience
- Student Resources
- Registrar's Office Student Resources
- Tutoring Services/Help Sessions
- Student and Family FAQ