Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Information Session: March 2024 TBD
Campus Deadline: US Citizens - September 2024 TBD
International Students - November 2024 TBD
Fields of Study: Open
Funding for: 1-4 years of graduate study at the University of Cambridge
Begin Application: Junior year (Seniors, Master's students, recent alumni also invited to apply)
Foundation Website: www.gatescambridge.org
Gates Cambridge Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants outside the U.K. who wish to pursue a full-time graduate degree in most programs of study offered at the University of Cambridge. The program aims to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
- Citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- PhD (three-year research-only degree)
- MSc or MLitt (two-year research-only degree)
- A one-year postgraduate course (e.g., MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA, etc.)
- GPA and academic record commensurate with the admission requirements of your intended program of study at Cambridge.
- Outstanding intellectual ability and "intellectual hunger"
- Record of leadership, as demonstrated by the ability to form a vision, make it a reality, and inpire people to join you to create change
- Commitment to improving the lives of others by applying research/study to solving real-world problems
- Good fit between the applicant's qualifications and aspirations and his or her chosen graduate program at Cambridge
- Three letters of recommendation - Two academic letters from faculty members and one hoslitic recommendation
- 3000 character Personal Statement
- Certified transcript(s)
- Cambridge admission application, the GRADSAF, and all materials required for admission to the intended department at Cambridge. Note to Ph.D. applicants: If your department does not require a 2 page research statement, you must submit one for the Gates Cambridge application.
While one can apply directly to the Gates Foundation, it is in the best interest of applicants to work through Purdue's review process. This involves support thoughout preparation of the application materials and a final review by a faculty committee who will provide additional support and feedback to help the student craft the strongest application possible.
Detailed campus application information is provided directly to applicants once they declare their intention to apply.
- Major Scholarships
- Astronaut Scholarship
- Boren Scholarship
- Boren Fellowship
- Churchill Scholarship
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program
- Gilman Scholarship
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
- Marshall Scholarship
- George J. Mitchell Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Schwarzman Scholars Program
- Harry S. Truman Scholarship
- Udall Scholarship