Graduate Teaching Award
Outstanding graduate student teachers are commended for their accomplishments every academic year at the Annual Celebration of Graduate Student Teaching held in the spring.
This award ceremony honors graduate students with teaching responsibilities from across campus for their dedication to Purdue undergraduate students and their exceptional teaching contributions. The Celebration is sponsored by the Purdue Teaching Academy and the Office of the Provost. Some of the awards that are presented during the ceremony are:
Graduate School Excellence in Teaching Award
The Graduate School Excellence in Teaching Award is the highest honor presented by the University in recognition of graduate student teachers. Graduate students selected for this award must have demonstrated excellence in teaching and mentoring at the undergraduate and/or graduate level. In addition, recipients should have accomplishments in service/outreach and scholarly publications. Nominations for The Graduate School Excellence in Teaching Award are sought from departments each spring semester. For more information: Graduate Excellence in Teaching.
Teaching Academy Graduate Teaching Award
This award honors graduate students with teaching responsibilities from across campus for their dedication to Purdue students and their outstanding teaching contributions. Recipients are selected by each academic department for their commitment to undergraduate education. Departments may select one recipient for every 50 graduate teaching assistants they support. The Graduate Teaching Award is sponsored by the Teaching Academy and the Office of the Provost.
- Awards Offered
- Charles B. Murphy Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award
- Exceptional Early Career Teaching Award
- Class of 1922 Outstanding Innovation in Helping Students Learn Award
- Teaching for Tomorrow Fellowship Awards
- Graduate Teaching Award
- Book of Great Teachers
- Excellence in Instruction Award for Lecturers
- Excellence in Online Course Design and Delivery (Credit/Non-Credit)
- Scholarship of Online Teaching and Learning Award
- Innovative Online Use of Technology (Credit/Non-Credit)
- Insights from Award Nominees into Their Transformative Teaching & Learning
For CIE Awards:
For Purdue Online Awards:
Purdue Online: Ryne Kerchner
Senior Program Manager for Undergraduate Programs and Compliance