Critical Illness Insurance
Administered by Voya
Coverage for critical illnesses
Critical Illness Insurance through Voya provides a lump-sum payment if you or a covered family member is diagnosed with one of the following medical conditions and meets the policy and certificate requirements: Cancer, Heart Attack, Stroke, Coronary Artery Bypass Graft, Kidney Failure, Alzheimer’s disease, Major Organ Transplant and the 22 Listed Conditions. See details in Plan Summary below.
Participants will be responsible to submit claims and all documentation to Voya directly.
Other features include:
- You select your coverage amount, from $10,000, $20,000 or $30,000.
- You may elect Spouse/Dependent coverage at 50 percent of the selected employee benefit.
- Benefits are paid directly to you and are in addition to Purdue's medical and disability benefits
- A wellness benefit is paid each calendar year if the covered person completes a covered health screening (for example, mammogram, colonoscopy, Pap test, prostate exam, blood panel, etc.). $50 employee, $50 spouse and $25 per child up to a max of $100. See a full list of eligible health screening in the plan summary.
How to enroll
- Enroll online with Benefit Focus through the employee portal.
- Enrollment is restricted to annual open enrollment, new hire and life events
Additional Services Included
Voya Cares - Is a service offered through the Voya family of companies, offering a depth of resources focused on education, planning and solutions for individuals with special needs and disabilities as well as their families and caregivers.
Voya Travel Assistance – This program offers you and your dependents four types of services when you’re more than 100 miles from home, including pre-trip information, emergency personal and transportation services, and medical assistance.
- Critical illness plan summary
- Critical Illness Insurance video
- How to file a claim
- Online Claims Submission Video
- Wellness Benefit
- Voya Critical Illness Certificate
For questions, call the Voya Service Center at 877‑236‑7564.
- Life/Voluntary Benefits
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Accident Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Keep Benefit Premiums Current While on Unpaid Leave
- Legal Services
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Supplemental Hospital Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Term Life Insurance on Spouse and Children
- Universal Life Insurance