Who should apply?
- This program is open to all graduate students enrolled at Purdue's West Lafayette campus. Post-docs, faculty, and staff on campus are also welcome to complete the certificate.
When should I apply?
- You can apply at any time after you have met the prerequisites listed above. While you can apply after you have already completed some of the requirements for the certificate listed below -- we encourage students to apply early as this helps us provide workshops, brown bags, and other events of interest to those currently pursuing the certificate.
Apply for enrollment at gradapply.purdue.edu
- Create an application (instructions on how to apply)
- Complete/update the background section
- Select the Purdue West Lafayette (PWL) campus
- Select "Advanced Methodologies in the Behavioral, Social, and Health Sciences" as the graduate major and as a degree objective
- Select the term you'd like to enroll
- Select “Residential” as the primary course delivery method
- In the “additional information” section, check “I am a Current or Past Purdue Student”
- Applicants must provide a current Purdue transcript OR indicate “YES” on the application where it says “I consent and authorize Purdue University faculty and/or staff to access my Purdue University academic record for university business.”
- Fill out the application form and submit it with your application as the "statement of purpose"
- Sign and submit!
- Current Purdue graduate students must provide a completed G.S. Form 18 Dual Graduate Program Request. List the "proposed department" as Advanced Methods at Purdue and the dept. code as AMAP. The form needs to be signed by the applicant and the head of the graduate program in the applicant’s home department. Email the completed form to AMAP@purdue.edu with the email title "AMAP Certificate Application." AMAP will provide the signature for the proposed department (AMAP).
$60 for domestic students
$75 for international students
Deadlines for Submission
All application materials must be received by: August 1 (for Fall admission) and December 1 (for Spring admission). We will process applications shortly after these deadlines.
While we encourage students to apply early, you may apply at any time prior to, during, or after completion of the requirements listed below. If a student has already completed all of the requirements and wishes to obtain a December certificate they must apply no later than August 1; the deadline is December 1 to qualify for a May certificate.