- Dean's List (University Senate Document, March 25, 1991)
At the conclusion of each semester, the registrar shall indicate which undergraduate students are scholastically eligible to be included on the Dean's List. To be cited on the Dean's List for any semester, one must:
- Have at least 12 hours included in the overall GPA.
- Have at least 6 hours included in the semester GPA.
- Attain at least a 3.5 overall GPA.
- Have at least a 3.0 current semester GPA.
- Semester Honors
At the conclusion of each semester, the registrar shall indicate which undergraduate students are scholastically eligible for Semester Honors. To be cited one must:
- Have at least six credit hours included in the semester GPA.
- Attain at least a 3.5 semester GPA.
- Have at least a 2.0 overall GPA.
- Graduation with Distinction (University Senate Document 79-21, December 15, 1980)
- A candidate for the baccalaureate degree with distinction must have a minimum of 65 hours of credit earned at Purdue University included in the computation of the overall GPA. A candidate for an associate degree with distinction must have a minimum of 35 hours of credit earned at Purdue University included in the computation of the overall GPA.
- The minimum overall GPA for graduation with distinction in each school shall be no less than the 90th percentile of the graduation indexes of the graduates in each school, for the spring semester, provided that the index is at least 3.30. The minimum overall GPA so determined in the spring for each school shall be applied for graduation with distinction for the subsequent summer session and fall semester. In administering this rule, all baccalaureate engineering graduates will be considered as one school.
- Of those graduates who qualify for distinction under these rules for the spring semester, the three-tenths of the baccalaureate graduates having the highest overall GPA shall be designated as graduating with highest distinction, irrespective of the schools from which they graduate. The three-tenths of the spring associate degree graduates having the highest overall GPA will be designated as graduating with highest distinction.
The minimum overall GPAs so determined for graduation with highest distinction shall be applied for graduation with highest distinction for the subsequent summer session and fall semester.
- Professional Degree Programs
Students enrolled in professional degree programs also shall be eligible for the Dean's List, Semester Honors, and Graduation with Distinction (Administrative Approval, April 27, 1998).
- Achievement Credits
Students who fail to meet the criteria of scholastic distinction but who, in the judgment of one or more faculty members, merit citation for distinguished achievement, shall have their names presented through the heads of instructional departments or directly to the Committee on Superior Students, together with such evidence of achievement as is available. The criteria for selecting students in this group are:
- Original thinking of consistently good quality.
- Achievement of other than classwork; publication of literary, artistic, or scientific work.
- Work that requires great ingenuity or industry, but that may not lead to definite publication.
- Independent projects of reasonable magnitude carried out by the student on his/her own initiative.
Projects carried out by such students may receive special achievement credit. Such achievement credits may be substituted for elective courses of instruction as determined in each case upon the recommendation of the dean of the school concerned.
- Distinguished Military Graduates
Distinguished Military graduates of the Army and Air Force Reserve Officers' Training Corps units will be designated by the appropriate department and the president each year upon graduation.