Ordering a Transcript
If you are currently enrolled, you may submit your request directly on myPurdue under the Academic tab.
Alumni and former students from West Lafayette, Calumet (Purdue Northwest), Fort Wayne, and North Central (Purdue Northwest) with attendance in 1968 to the present may use the online Transcript Request System. Alumni and former students will need to register a new account to access the online transcript request system.
Transcripts are also available in person in Room 45, Hovde Hall, at the West Lafayettte campus. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time, excluding university holidays. Photo identification is required when making the request in person.
- Online requests are processed within one to three business days.
- Official transcripts are provided free-of-charge by the Office of the Registrar.
- Each student/alumnus is limited to 10 transcripts per request and 50 transcripts per term.
- The online transcript system wil accept attachments to be included in the mailing of your transcript. Attachments must be in one of the following formats: Word, Excel, or .pdf
- If your request requires the transcript to be mailed in a special envelope, you should come directly to Room 45, Hovde Hall, so your request can be handled in person.
- Purdue West Lafayette or Purdue Polytechnic Statewide Only: For transcripts that require currently enrolled courses (for which grades have yet to be posted) or candidate for graduation (degree status does not indicate awarded), the production of your transcript can be delayed. Be sure to include this on your request form.
- Questions? Refer to the Quick Reference Guide regarding the eTranscript online ordering system or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot submit a request via the options above, you may request your transcript by mail, fax or e-mail your transcript request form. Send your request to:
Office of the Registrar, Room 45
610 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2040
You may obtain a copy of your student's transcript by submitting a copy of your most recent tax forms, providing that the aforementioned student is your financial dependent. These documents may be sent by e-mail to the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com. Please include your student's full name, PUID/Student Identification Number, and date of birth.
Academic Transcript Keys
Official transcripts are printed with keys on the back that explain the course numbering system, credit types, grading systems, institutional scholastic indexes, abbreviations and symbols, special credit notations, and transfer credit as well as other relevant information.
Purdue University produces two types of official transcripts. Transcripts printed in the landscape format contain only historic Legacy (1968- summer 2002) records. Transcripts printed in the portrait format contain fall 2002-present records. The following are the keys for each type of official transcript: