Initial Course Participation Instructions
As of Spring 2011, Purdue University will report Initial Course Participation (ICP), a Financial Aid requirement mandated by the Department of Education, for PWL and TSW campuses.
- ICP records student presence in the classroom or an academic related participation such as Blackboard.
- ICP will be reported for students who have attended a class at any time during the first through third week of the term for 16 week courses and during the first week of class for first eight and second eight week courses.
- ICP will be reported for sections that will be on the transcript only. If faculty will be assigning a grade (A-F , S, U, N, P) at the end of the class, then they should report ICP.
- ICP will be open for faculty to report beginning the first day of the term.
- From myPurdue Faculty Tab, look in the Tools channel and select Initial Course Participation.
- Select term to enter reporting.
- Select course to report Initial Course participation, then Submit. Only gradable courses are required to be reported on.
- The number of students with ICP reported is displayed here.
The first time a section is accessed, you will find that it has been prefilled with Yes.
- Submit after each page.
- To report on additional courses/CRNs, scroll to the bottom of the page and select CRN selection.
Find your next CRN for reporting by clicking on the course/CRN.
- You may verify the status of your reporting on your My Courses channel.
- If you are having difficulty with your submission, you may contact email@example.com.