Students cannot change their curriculum if they have a hold on their record.
Students, if you have not done so, please complete the required steps to release your Financial Obligation and Emergency Contact holds. Click here to learn how to release your hold. You will not be allowed to register for classes until both holds are released. If you have any questions, please feel free to visit the Office of the Registrar in HOVD, Room 45, or contact us at email@example.com.
Definition of a Hold
Some holds signify the student is restricted from enrolling in classes and/or obtaining academic transcripts at Purdue University. Holds that do NOT prevent registration or obtaining a transcript are:
DD - No direct deposit authorization on file
RF - Financial Aid Refund Hold
RO - Bursar Recurring Payments
M1 - Initial Student Medical Insurance
Common Reasons for Holds
- Nonpayment of library fines, parking tickets, and residence hall bills
- Disciplinary action taken by the Office of the Dean of Students
- Poor scholastic performance
- Failure to meet immunization requirements
Dismissed or Suspended Students
- These students may still request an academic transcript.
- The hold will remain in effect until such time the student is officially readmitted by the Committee on Scholastic Delinquencies and Readmissions or the suspension is removed by the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Students can verify holds through myPurdue.
- For specific information, contact the office that placed the hold. Contact information is listed in myPurdue with the Hold.
Students in hold status who would like to verify the hold can do so through myPurdue.