Professional Development Grants
APSAC applications for professional development grants accepted in February and August each year
Examples of funded grant applications include but are not limited to professional education or certification; attendance at lectures, conferences and seminars; or tuition assistance for academic classes. The maximum award amount is $750. Applications for spring grants will be considered for activities occurring from January 1 to December 31, or July 1 to June 30 depending upon which period you apply.
The application process will be completed online, and the deadline is 11:59 p.m. March 1 for spring grants; October 1 for fall grants.
Questions may be directed to the subcommittee at APSAC-PD@purdue.edu.
The online application requires:
- Applicant information, including current job title and responsibilities
- Activity information, including date(s) and location
- Estimated funding information
- Brief description or list of anticipated activity expenditures
- Brief description of how the activity will enhance your professional development
- Supervisor contact information
- Applicant electronic signature (typing your name in the identified space is the electronic equivalent of a hand-written signature)
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
- Applications will be confidential and submission does not guarantee funding
Completed applications must be received before:
|Fall||October 1-11:59 p.m.|
|Spring||March 1-11:59 p.m.|
Note: If deadlines fall on a weekend, the new deadline is 5:00 p.m. the following Monday.
See Grant Guidelines for complete information
- A/P staff of .50 FTE or greater may receive an APSAC grant once every three years
- Grants may fund a single event or supplement course work over a one-year period
- The recipient must be a Purdue employee at the time of the development activity and reimbursement
- Applicants must work on the West Lafayette campus or an affiliated extension office. Regional campus employees are not eligible
- Costs incurred during the one-year grant period are eligible
Spring grant is for professional development activity from January 1 to December 31
Fall grant is for professional development activity from July 1 to June 30
- A maximum of two employees per department may receive funding for the same development activity. The applications must be submitted separately
- APSAC members are not eligible
- Grant recipients must request reimbursement by either
- Completing sections A and C of the Payee Certification form (link below) and submit with applicable invoices and receipts, or
- By working with your business office to complete a Form 25 with applicable receipts if travel was involved or if your department is reimbursing some expenses
Spring grant reimbursement requests may be submitted beginning July 1 and must be used by January 1.
Fall grant reimbursement requests may be submitted beginning January 1, and must be used by July 1.
- The maximum grant is $750. The APSAC Professional Development subcommittee reserves the right to adjust award amounts to accommodate a larger number of qualified applicants
- Taxes on expenses will not be reimbursed
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to verify with the tax accountant in Accounting Services (765.494.7921 or e-mail email@example.com) whether the grant is taxable income
- Complete section A
- Sign section C
A letter of notification will be sent approximately six weeks after the grant application deadline
Questions about the grant application/expense reimbursement may be addressed to Carrie Hanson 765-494-7397.