Applying to Summer College for High School Students
Purdue's Summer College for High School Students has rapidly expanded from 79 students participating in one of three 1-week, 1-credit courses in Summer 2019 to enrolling 935 students in one or two of the 26 different program options available in Summer 2023 - a percent increase of over 1000% in just four years!
To be considered for one of our 35 opportunities available in Summer 2024, you must submit an application. Read below for what to expect during the application process!
- Decisions are made based on a holistic review process, and admission is competitive. All applications are reviewed. However, priority consideration is given to students who:
- Have a high school GPA of 3.30 or higher on a 4.00 scale.
- Have completed grade level-appropriate college prep coursework that is included on the transcript.
- Will be at least 16 years old and have completed the sophomore year of high school by the time Purdue coursework begins. Younger students may apply.
- Students may enroll in a maximum of seven credit hours per academic term.
- International students must already possess a visa that allows study in the U.S. to complete residential classes.
- Proof of English proficiency for citizens of non-English speaking countries.
A completed application for Summer College for High School Students includes:
- General information, which includes biographic, demographic, and school information as well as your parent and guardian information.
- Essay prompt: How would you benefit from completing summer courses at Purdue University?
- A high school transcript with a list of completed classes and grades by semester or term
- Please note: The application system will not ask for your transcript until after you submit the application itself. Please don't forget this step!
- For international applicants, you must already possess visa that allows study in the U.S. to complete residential classes and must provide proof of English proficiency for citizens of non-English speaking countries.
- $60 non-refundable application fee. The application fee covers the cost of application processing.
After you submit your application, learn about the admissions process!