Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I am locked out of my account?

If a student gets locked out of their Purdue Career Account, please contact Information Technology at Purdue (ITaP) in order to gain access again. The student will need to provide their PUID number.


What is BoilerKey, and do I need to set it up? 

BoilerKey is Purdue's two-step authentication process to ensure security of student information. Students should set up their BoilerKey to further secure their account. When a student sets up BoilerKey, the student will need to have access to the device on which BoilerKey was set up while the student is on campus. You can find information about initial setup, managing BoilerKey, and more at this webpage


Do I get a Purdue email address? How do I set it up?

Yes, students who accept their admission for Summer College for High School Students will be provided with an email address. Many Purdue offices, such as the Office of the Registrar and the Office of the Bursar, send email notifications exclusively to students' official Purdue email accounts. If the student has not yet set up their email address, please find the instructions on how to do so on this page under "Getting started with your email account."

Please do not forward your Purdue email to a non email address. Doing so may prevent you from receiving important emails, and we may not always receive your replies; therefore, please make sure to log in and check your Purdue email account. Purdue's email service is through Microsoft Outlook. 


What if my parent/guardian wants access to my account? What should I do?

Students can add a parent/guardian as a proxy to view their billing statement, make a payment on the student's behalf, and more. The student will need to provide proxy access by following the instructions linked here.