Skip to main content

AP and Other Exam Credit

Transfer credit earned during high school, through course and exam completion, plays a critical role in each student's curricular path in the College of Science. Purdue provides course equivalency information for AP, IB, and A-level exam scores which may be used to meet the requirements of a student's degree program. Students will work with their academic advisors to determine how equivalent courses are applied to meet requirements or to prepare students for future coursework.

Courses listing "XXXX" in their course number transfer as undistributed credit, meaning Purdue does not offer an equivalent course. Such credit appears on a student's transcript as credit hours within a subject area. The use of undistributed credit depends on each student's curricular requirements and may vary by degree program.

Students who post credit through AP or other exams retain the option to take an equivalent Purdue course. A course grade will replace AP or additional exam credit in this case. Students should consult their academic advisor to discuss this option.

Purdue University College of Science, 150 N. University St, West Lafayette, IN 47907 • Phone: (765) 494-1729, Fax: (765) 494-1736

Student Advising Office: (765) 494-1771, Fax: (765) 496-3015 • Science IT, (765) 494-4488

© 2024 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact the College of Science Webmaster.