September 23, 2022
Fall 2022 Road to Retirement event wraps up today; sessions take place until 5 p.m. ET
The fall 2022 Road to Retirement three-day virtual event wraps up today (Sept. 23) with the last session beginning at 4 p.m. ET. On-demand and live presentations are on the schedule; sessions requiring registration can still be attended if those interested register before the session’s start time.
The full schedule is available online. Prerecorded sessions will remain on the website following the end of the conference to allow for additional viewing opportunities.
Feedback requested from event attendees
To ensure that the information shared during each Road to Retirement event is what employees need and want, Human Resources will be emailing a short survey to live-event attendees next week so they can share their feedback. Purdue University is not collecting any personal identifiable information in this survey, and all information will be kept strictly confidential. The information will be used only to improve retirement communications and future events, including the upcoming spring 2023 Road to Retirement program.
Additional retirement planning information
In support of the financial wellness pillar of the Healthy Boiler Program, Purdue and Fidelity (Purdue’s official provider of education, guidance and assistance related to retirement plan investments and decisions) offer a variety of retirement planning tools and resources year-round – in addition to the biannual Road to Retirement event – including the following:
- Dedicated Human Resources team – Educates employees about maximizing their Purdue benefit and retirement programs, offers one-on-one assistance with the University’s retirement process. Call 765-494-2222 or toll-free at 877-725-0222, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Purdue Retirement Program Overview website – Showcases Purdue’s variety of retirement programs offered, along with resources available to assist individuals with managing their retirement program. Some website highlights include:
- Manage Your Retirement Plan – Check out Purdue’s retirement plan resources, such as access to each retirement program’s account log-in website.
- Retirement Readiness – Helps make sure individuals are asking the right questions at the right time.
- Beneficiary Management – Outlines several Purdue benefits programs that provide for beneficiaries and steps to take to update information.
- Interactive Retirement Guide – Walks employees through University employment actions (new hire, transfer, rehire, etc.) and how they affect retirement plan eligibility.
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Committee – University committee provides an additional level of review and oversight of the retirement plan’s selected investments, including monitoring the performance and all associated fees of funds held on the current Fidelity record-keeping platform.
- Fidelity Investor Center (PMU office) – Provides one-on-one planning and guidance assistance free of charge to Purdue employees regarding retirement, savings and more. To make an appointment, call 800-642-7131 or schedule online.
- Check out these videos to learn more about services provided through Fidelity’s local office support.
- Retirement Planning: Learn what to expect at a one-on-one consultation. Hear from a local Fidelity retirement planner located in the PMU Investor office, as well as employees who benefited, here.
- Income Planning: Individuals inching closer to retirement will want to watch this video about how Fidelity can help them plan for monthly retirement income. Learn more here.
- 10 Things You Get From Fidelity for Free: One-on-one consultations, online resources, student debt tools — these are just a few of the free things available through Fidelity. Watch the video to learn more.
- Fidelity NetBenefits app – Download the mobile app to log in and access personal Fidelity account details, change contributions, watch or read financial education and more. Learn more here.
- Schedule a Fidelity Retirement Planner presentation for a departmental or staff meeting.
- Planning and Guidance Center tool – Provides situational analysis and recommendations on next steps.
- Webcast Hub – Offers additional on-demand videos covering a variety of relevant financial wellness and retirement topics.