January 27, 2020
Human Resources website offers new customer-focused layout
Human Resources is rolling out a redesigned website to help faculty, staff and other visitors to the site more easily navigate to the information they need. The updated website, which launched this morning (Jan. 27), offers six focus areas:
- Business@Purdue is the home for payroll-related information, process, forms and Quick Reference Guides that employment or payroll centers, business offices and other administrators will find helpful.
- Benefits/Wellness is where employees can find all benefits-related information on medical, dental, vision, retirement, workers compensation, Healthy Boiler and more.
- Careers@Purdue guides users to the careers portal where potential employees can search for jobs and learn more about Purdue.
- Hiring@Purdue houses all hiring or recruitment-oriented processes, quick reference materials, onboarding and faculty dual career and relocation services. This information is vital for hiring supervisors, department administrative assistants, employment or payroll centers and others who assist with hiring new employees.
- Manager Resources groups those items most important to someone in a supervisory role, or an administrative role supporting managers with their tasks. There are links to a checklist, training, New Employee Orientation, timekeeping, onboarding guidelines, pay information, compensation guidelines and more.
- Working@Purdue contains those items most important to an employee. It lists tasks employees can perform through Employee Self-Service and provides valuable information on timekeeping, pay and staff compensation guidelines, time off, staff performance appraisals and career development.
Within the focus areas, supervisors, managers and other employees can easily find quick links to the following information:
- New Employee Resources includes links to registration for New Employee Orientation and an Onboarding guide for both employee and supervisor.
- Employee Self-Service outlines tasks every employee can do on their own, from updating addresses, changing tax withholding information to providing employment verification, when needed.
- Timekeeping, Time Off and Pay is the one-stop shop for all things related to pay. Whether looking for pay calendars, how to request time off or wage and hour procedures.
- Managing Your Career houses important information related to career paths, fee remission, staff compensation guidelines and skill development opportunities.
- Hiring Resources includes the process and Quick Reference Guides needed to hire students, graduate staff appointments, postdocs, lecturers, faculty and staff through SuccessFactors.
- The Manager Checklist is a starting point for all supervisors and managers, providing quick links to resources for each task outlined.
- The Healthy Boiler Program highlights incentives, resources, tools, programs and more that cater to the overall wellness of Purdue employees.
Some things haven’t changed. The recently updated Benefits webpages – and the related links – have remained the same, for those who bookmark items. Human Resources teams, as well as a staff directory, can be viewed here.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance when searching for specific content on the website. Suggestions are welcome as well.