Getting Started with Instructional Videos
- What are you trying to accomplish?
Creating a video to convey information can have different needs than a video to meant to recap the week.
- What tone do you want to set?
You can project formality through your instructional videos, or you can also be more relaxed and show your personality.
- What is your timeframe?
Do you have the time to schedule an appointment or this is video meant to be topical and completed quickly?
- Have you thought about accessibility?
To ensure that all students can benefit from your instructional videos, captions or transcripts can accompany your videos in a variety of ways.
As you begin the process of creating your Instructional Videos, evaluate the options that will be best for you and your course.
- Professional Green Screen rooms can easily feature slides or images alongside you onscreen.
- Similar to the classroom environment, with a computer and table.
- Videos are fully processed and professionally captioned typically within 48 hours.
- Captions are added without additional steps, once videos are finished processing in Kaltura Mediaspace.
- Record videos conveniently from your desk.
- Create a more relaxed video, recording with the webcam from your laptop.
- Short videos can be processed quickly, to then be uploaded directly to Kaltura Mediaspace.
- Captions can be added manually, or transcripts could be created to accompany the video.
For additional help in exploring how to create your Instructional Videos, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation.
- Innovative Learning Teaching Guides
- Instructional Video Teaching Guide