Our instructional experts at the Center for Instructional Excellence (CIE) and Teaching & Learning Technologies (TLT) support the mission of Innovative Learning by exploring course design with Purdue Faculty. Whether you are looking to design a new course, redesign an existing course, or fine-tune specific instructional elements, we are available to help. Our instructional experts collaborate with you to:
- Explore how to use the learning environment to enhance your teaching.
- Enhance your current instructional strategies by incorporating Instructional Technology into your course’s design.
- Create a student-centered learning environment.
- Solicit, interpret, and apply student feedback.
- Align your course content and assessments with key Learning Outcomes.
- Draw from a variety of pedagogical approaches to best accomplish your instructional goals.
- Develop Course Learning Outcomes and Objectives to most effectively measure student learning.
We will be happy to meet with you to provide focused assistance on the design of your course. Whether on-campus or online, our instructional experts can help you design the best strategies to meet your goals. Based on your specific course design needs, our level of support can range from individual consultations to a more structured partnership.
Do you need structured support to design and develop your course?
We offer flexibility in the level of support for those projects that require a more systemic and structured approach. When collaborating with an instructional expert to develop your full course, the complete course design process typically spans 16 weeks. While the process is flexible with regards to your needs, the below diagram indicates what you can expect from the complete course design process.
For more information on collaborating with an instructional expert for a full course build, please email InnovativeLearningTeam@purdue.edu
Download the full image