Engagement and Service-Learning Summit
Thursday, March 2, 2023, 2:00-5:30 PM Discovery Learning Research Center (DLRC)
There is no cost to attend; however, registration is required.
Purdue affiliated? Register HERE.
Community partner? Register HERE.
Join us for a Celebration of Engagement! We are bringing faculty, staff, students, and community partners back together – in person – to celebrate the impact we made when we were apart , create new connections, and recognize our incredible work. The summit will include lightning talks from engaged faculty, staff, and students, a student showcase, and a networking happy hour.
Faculty and Staff
Connect with community partners and your engaged Purdue peers
Share your work and compete in the Student Engagement Showcase
Connect with faculty and staff and ignite your next collaboration
“This was a wonderful way to get to know not just Purdue, but also the entire Lafayette community. Everyone was so interactive and collaborative. Great event overall!”
Students from across Purdue’s campuses are invited to showcase community engagement projects as part of service-learning courses or engagement activities. The top three presentations in each category (poster and digital story) will be awarded cash prizes of $150, $100, and $50, respectively. More information about the Showcase and how to apply to present can be found on the Showcase Info Site.
2:00 PM Welcome and Framing of the Summit by Provost Patrick Wolfe and Associate Provost for Engagement Steve Abel
2:30 PM Lightning Talks by Engaged Faculty, Staff, and Students
Lightning Talk Speakers:
- Cage-Free Eggs: Cracking the shell of industry partnerships, Darrin Karcher, Associate Professor (Animal Sciences, PWL)
- Moving the Needle through Engagement: Rethinking patient access to tobacco treatment services, Karen Hudmon, Professor (Pharmacy Practice, PWL)
- The Landscape of Possibility: Visualizing change, preparing students, and uniting people, Aaron Thompson, Associate Professor (Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, PWL)
- Singing through Change, William Sauerland, Assistant Professor and Eileen Garwood, Clinical Instructor (School of Music, PFW)
- Finding Your Purpose, Chelsea Schripsema, Student (EPICS, PWL)
- My Journey of Service-Learning Interests through Different Professional Roles, Pamela Sari, Director (Asian American and Asian Resource and Cultural Center, PWL)
3:30 PM Networking and Q&A with Presenters
4:00 PM Student Showcase and Networking Happy Hour
5:15 PM Student Showcase Awards
5:30 PM Summit Ends
For more information: Robert Elliott, Lead Events Planner, email@example.com