Resources available at Purdue West Lafayette to establish, assess, and enhance societal impact.
- Office of Engagement – Faculty and staff can schedule one-on-one meetings with colleagues who have experience demonstrating societal impacts across Purdue’s three mission areas – discovery, teaching and learning, and engagement. These consultations provide individualized mentoring and short- and long-term planning for research that has broader societal impact. For information, contact Rod Williams, Assistant Provost for Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office of Executive Vice President for Research and Partnerships – Grant Writing Assistance – Principal investigators can request grant writer support – including broader impact strategies – with any external proposal.
- Internal Research Impact Partners Database – Search for and leverage potential Research Impact partners within the university, including but not limited to research and broader impact initiatives and broadening participation efforts.
- EVPRP List of Centers and Institutes – The Office of the Executive Vice President for Research and Partnerships list of university-approved centers and institutes at Purdue. Centers and institutes organize faculty and staff groups to engage in joint research and educational activities within a discipline or across disciplines.
- Discovery Park – Cross-cutting centers and institutes bring together researchers from across disciplines to work on global challenges, and their findings lead to new discoveries and innovation in bioscience, quantum science, nanotechnology, policy research, information science, and entrepreneurship.
- College of Science Outreach Team for Research Faculty – Liaison with K-12 teachers and students, as well as campus colleagues engaged in K-12 initiatives for broader impacts.
- Purdue College of Education Evaluation and Learning Research Center – The Center supports research, education and engagement projects through expertise in educational theory, research methodology, evaluation, and project management. The Center partners with others at Purdue University, including other centers and institutes. Expertise includes:
- Educational research and theory
- Research and evaluation design and methodology
- Front-end, formative, summative, and program evaluation
- Evaluation frameworks
- Purdue Center for Regional Development – The Center leverages its expertise to partner in evaluation and performance measurement, providing a step-by-step process on effectively designing, implementing, and tracking program and project outcomes.
- Purdue Extension – A resource site linking to training and tools to develop high-quality educational programs, build logic models, and conduct evaluations. Compiled for Extension professionals; useful to a broad audience.
- Purdue Institutional Data, Analytics and Assessment (IDA+A) – IDA+A performs research, statistical and predictive analysis, and reporting in support of evidence-based planning, evaluation, and assessment. IDA+A directly supports the academic enterprise as well as the campus at-large.
- Societal Impact Professional Development – Professional development opportunities, cohorts, and information developed specifically to support Purdue University faculty and staff engaged in broader societal impact work.
- Office of Engagement Guide to the Scholarship of Engagement – The Guide: Documenting, Evaluating, and Recognizing Engaged Scholarship was developed to facilitate faculty advancement based on the scholarship of engagement at Purdue University and beyond.
- Scholarship of Engagement Fellows Program – The Scholarship of Engagement Fellows Program fosters the development of the scholarship of engagement for faculty in support of the promotion and tenure processes.
- Purdue Engagement and Service-Learning Summit – Each spring, this event brings together faculty, students, staff, and community partners to discuss best practices in societal impact, engagement, and service-learning. The summit features interactive sessions with engagement experts on societal impact, networking for external partnerships, and a showcase of student and faculty research.