The Book of Great Teachers, a permanent display in the west foyer if the Purdue Memorial Union, is an extension of Academy Park. It was dedicated on April 23, 1999.
The book bears the names of 316 faculty members, past and present, who have devoted their lives to excellence in teaching and scholarship. They were chosen by their students and their peers as Purdue's finest educators. The nomination for inclusion in this book is repeated every five years.
The most recent Induction Ceremony took place on December 2, 2013
Editable mail-in form [.doc]
*Nominations no longer accepted.
This award is the University's highest undergraduate teaching honor. Prior to 1987, the award was sponsored by the Amoco Foundation.
This award is provided by the Classes of 1944 and 1945 in order to foster continued excellence in teaching and learning on our campus and to facilitate the development of the teaching potential of the faculty. Annually, it recognizes up to twelve assistant professors (or recently promoted associate professors) for their demonstrated talent for teaching and three senior faculty members for their long-term contributions to teaching at the University.
Each year the Class of 1922 alumni sponsor an award for Outstanding Innovation in Helping Students Learn.