Shuttle and Charter Bus Services
Shuttle and charter bus transportation provides efficient and economical service for groups. Departments in need of shuttle services for airport or conference transportation, student field trips, campus tours or other group travel should obtain quotes and book reservations directly with local providers.
Departments should contact vendors several weeks in advance to allow time for quotes to be generated and to increase the likelihood of shuttle/charter bus availability.
- Complete the online Charter/Shuttle Bus Information Request to request quotes from four local companies whose information is provided below; be sure to identify any special needs, e.g. bathroom facilities, driver to wait on location for return trip
- Note: Due to staffing levels, quotes may take longer than a week to be received. If you have immediate travel needs, please contact one or more of the above vendors directly.
- Evaluate the quotes that companies provide and select one of the service providers; in the event that accommodations are not available from any of these vendors, refer to the "Other Providers and Insurance Requirements" section of this page
- Book reservations with the desired company and confirm all trip arrangements
- Notify remaining companies that they have not been selected
- Create an Ariba Non-Catalog purchase request for shuttle/charter services using the appropriate Ariba vendor ID listed below
The four local charter/shuttle bus companies from which quotes will be requested are listed below in alphabetical order. Contact information and Ariba vendor IDs are also provided.
These companies meet Purdue University's insurance requirements with documentation on file.
Other Providers and Insurance Requirements
In some instances including peak travel times, the four local companies will be unable to accommodate requested transportation needs. Departments should then seek additional service providers, obtain quotes and company insurance coverage that meets the requirements listed below, and follow the remaining steps provided at the top of the page.
Vendors will need to provide proof of insurance via a Certificate of Insurance that names The Trustees of Purdue University and Purdue University as additional insured parties for the following amounts:
- General Liability: $1,000,000 per occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate
- Auto Liability: $5,000,000 combined single limit for vans/shuttle buses up to 25 passengers
- $10,000,000 combined single limit for buses larger than 25 passengers
Insurance limits may be met through a combination of primary and excess/umbrella policies. Charter company insurance should be primary and non-contributory to any insurance maintained by Purdue.