May 7, 2018
Reporter's calendar: Purdue events for journalists
JOURNALISTS: Here is a list of upcoming Purdue events that reporters may want to consider covering.
* May 11-13 – Spring commencement ceremonies
Spring commencement ceremonies
May 11-13 at Elliott Hall of Music. Purdue University will hold six commencement ceremonies at the Elliott Hall of Music on its West Lafayette campus May 11-13. The commencement schedule is as follows:
* Division I -- Friday, May 11. 3 p.m. Graduate School (All schools and colleges).
* Division II -- Friday, May 11. 7:20 p.m. Purdue Polytechnic Institute and the College of Science
* Division III -- Saturday, May 12. 9:30 a.m. The colleges of Liberal Arts, Education and Veterinary Medicine and the School of Management.
* Division IV -- Saturday, May 12. 2:00 p.m. The College of Health and Human Sciences (includes Doctor of Audiology and Doctor of Nursing Practice) and the College of Pharmacy.
* Division V -- Sunday, May 13. 9:30 a.m. The colleges of Agriculture and Engineering (Agricultural & Biological, Materials and Mechanical).
* Division VI -- Sunday, May 13, 2:00 p.m. The College of Engineering (Aeronautical & Astronautical, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Construction, Electrical and Computer, Engineering Education, Environmental & Ecological, Industrial and Nuclear).
More information is available at: http://www.purdue.edu/commencement/schedule/schedule.html
CONTACT: Tim Doty, Purdue News Service, 765-496-2571, firstname.lastname@example.org
Astronaut Feustel to receive honorary degree, speak live from International Space Station during Purdue commencement
May 11, 7:20 p.m. Elliott Hall of Music. Purdue University will connect live to the International Space Station to award NASA astronaut and alumnus Andrew J. “Drew” Feustel an honorary doctorate during its spring commencement ceremonies at the West Lafayette campus. Feustel, a Purdue College of Science graduate (BS ’89, MS ’91) currently stationed aboard the ISS, will receive an honorary Doctor of Science degree via a live link to the ISS during the 7:20 p.m. Friday, May 11, ceremony in Purdue’s Elliott Hall of Music. During the ceremony, Feustel will also give remarks, which are scheduled to begin at 7:56 p.m. Media interested in covering the event should send requests on company letterhead to Jim Bush, email@example.com, or Tim Doty, firstname.lastname@example.org, by Tuesday (May 8).
More information is available at http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/releases/2018/Q2/astronaut-feustel-to-receive-honorary-degree,-speak-live-from-international-space-station-during-purdue-commencement.html