Create and Update Annual Performance Goals
Each staff member must have performance goals recorded in the SuccessFactors system. Ideally, goals are entered at the start of the new performance period. However, all goals must be recorded in SuccessFactors by January 31. Supervisors and employees are encouraged to work collaboratively and continue making updates once goals have been entered. The staff member, supervisor, and all management within the employee’s chain of leadership will have access to view the employee’s goal plan.
- View the Purdue Guide for Creating Goals video (5 minutes).
- View the SuccessFactors tutorial videos for detailed step-by-step guidance.
- Ensure that only the most impactful and highest priority job performance goals appear on the goal plan. Remember, each goal entered into SuccessFactors will appear on the annual review and will be rated.
- The number of goals entered typically range between three and five. However, the system does not limit the number of goals that may be entered.
- Performance Management @ Purdue
- Timeline, Process and Resources
- Create and Update Annual Performance Goals
- Assess Annual Performance
- Access Performance Management Reports
- Unit Leader Calibration Sessions
- Create and Update Individual Professional Development Plans
- Initiate and Receive 360 Feedback in SuccessFactors
- SuccessFactors Performance Management Tutorial Videos