The Office of Postdoctoral Studies
The Office of Postdoctoral Studies supports postdoctoral research scholars at Purdue. Our postdoctoral trainees are distributed across 400 labs and 135 research centers and institutes. The office's mission is to enhance the postdoctoral experience at Purdue.
New Postdoc Orientations
- Friday, February 1st: 11:30 - 1:30 pm, Young Hall B64
- Friday, March 1st: 11:30 - 1:30 pm, Young Hall B64
- Friday, May 3rd: 11:30 - 1:30 pm, Young Hall B64
- Friday, June 7th: 11:30 - 1:30 pm, Young Hall B64
Check out our events page for Postdoc activities!
Postdoc Policy Updates
Recently, Purdue University changed the policy governing post-doctoral researchers’ employment. The link to the new policy is: https://www.purdue.edu/policies/human-resources/vif13.html
Conditions of post-doctoral employment that have not changed include benefits, monthly pay cycle, and salary.
- Post-doctoral researchers will receive an offer letter with a term of employment
- Post-doctoral researchers will no longer have a contract
- The initial term of employment can be up to 3 years
- Post-doctoral researchers can be terminated for performance issues or due to a change in funding
If you have questions about this new policy, please contact your business office.