Online Career Development Resources through Aurora
Aurora is an online system with over 80 hours of on-demand videos, and 120 interviews with doctoral professionals who work in academia as well as in non-academic roles. Videos highlight how to find and obtain a career for both faculty positions and roles in government, nonprofits, industry, and more. Postdocs are encouraged to explore the career pathways panels.
Purdue Center for Career Opportunities (CCO)
The Center for Career Opportunities informs and empowers students and graduates using transformative career services, innovative technologies and collaborative synergies to connect with professional opportunities within Indiana, the United States and the world.
Office hour services without an appointment (approximately 15 minutes):
- Review your LinkedIn profile, resume, CV, and/or industrial cover letter
Services with a scheduled appointment:
- Discuss job search strategies
- Mock interviews (industrial career path only)
- Review of academic application (research statement, teaching statement, etc.)
Call (765) 494-3981 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment, or stop by Young Hall 132, Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Internal Development Plans (IDPs)
IDPs are online systems or documents that help you strategize your next career step. They contains information on different career paths and provide goal-setting tools.
Check out these online IDPs:
- Science Careers
- Social Sciences and the Humanities
- American Psychological Association
- University of North Carolina Postdoc (PDF)
- University of Minnesota (Posted by U Penn.) Postdoc (PDF)
Toastmasters at Purdue
Toastmasters can help you practice oral presentations. Toastmasters meet weekly to develop speaking and leadership skills. Being a Toastmaster gives you the courage to:
- Speak with confidence
- Improve communication with family and friends
- Give and get constructive feedback
- Thrive in a supportive learning environment