Leadership In Action Call for Nomination CriteriaTo be eligible for the Leadership in Action Award, the individual must demonstrate the following:
- Overarching commitment to launching tomorrow’s leaders by showing ongoing dedication to mentoring students, colleagues and/or peers to pursue excellence and fostering an atmosphere of cooperation and creativity that contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of their peers.
- Favorable representation of their department and the University, both on and off campus.
- Skillful motivation, organization, dedication and/or influence within their area of research, discipline or other work.
- Ongoing commitment to engagement at the local, state, national and/or global level, including with the Butler Center.
- Active service to the campus community as well as national service to academic and/or professional organizations.
Cover letter of no more than two pages that cites the nominee’s strengths, years of services and examples of commitment to leadership. Letter may be signed by more than one individual.
Two letters of support will be accepted. Each support letter may be up to two pages in length. The nominator cannot write a letter of support.
A CV/resume of nominee condensed to two pages in length, highlighting accomplishments and efforts meeting the award criteria.
Nominations for 2021 are now closed. Self-nominations are welcome. Revisions to the nomination cannot be made after submission.
Incomplete nomination packets, nomination packets received after the due date, and/or nomination packets that do not adhere to the requirements will not be considered.
Deadline for submission is 5 p.m. October 7, 2021. Honorees will be recognized at a reception on Tuesday, December 7, 2021. Nomination packet must be uploaded as a single PDF:
For clarifications or questions, contact email@example.com.