Steps to Leaps Awards
The Steps to Leaps Awards have been established by the Steps to Leaps initiative to recognize and honor any Purdue student, staff or faculty member who exhibits exemplary integration of one or more Steps to Leaps pillars. Awards range from research exploration to student growth in the Steps to Leaps framework. Steps to Leaps is accepting nominations for four awards annually. Each winner will receive a plaque of acknowledgement and $500.
Steps to Leaps (S2L) in Faculty Research Award
- Presented to a researcher or team who's published work exemplifies efforts to expand the understanding within one or more of the Steps to Leaps Pillars.
- Clear and articulated use of the Steps to Leaps Pillar language or connections to the Steps to Leaps programmatic purpose will enhance the nomination.
- Letters of nomination should address connections between the research and Steps to Leaps as well as identifying ways the findings can enhance efforts to help students grow within the Pillars.
Steps to Leaps (S2L) Student of the Year Award
- Presented to a student who has shown a passion for growth within the Steps to Leaps pillar areas AND/OR contributed toward the education of peers within the Steps to Leaps pillar areas.
- Letters of nomination should provide ample examples of the student’s efforts to grow within the Steps to Leaps areas AND/OR the ways students provided presentations, personal support, etc. to help their peers grow within the Pillar areas.
Award for Academic Integration of Steps to Leaps (S2L)
- Presented in recognition of an educator who has woven Steps to Leaps into their pedagogy.
- Just as learning can happen anywhere, this award will consider a broad definition of both educator and pedagogy.
- Nominations for faculty, staff or students who have intentionally used Steps to Leaps as the foundation for educational practice will be considered.
- Letters of support should show a clear connection between the educational platform/pedagogy and the Steps to Leaps Pillars.
- Lesson plans, syllabi or presentations can be included to clearly articulate academic integration.
Steps to Leaps (S2L) in Student Support Award
- The Steps to Leaps in Student Support Award is presented to an individual or unit that consistently leveraged the language of Steps to Leaps in their conversations and communications with students.
- Letters of support should identify specific ways, through purposeful training or anecdotal examples, the individual or department has intentionally used the Steps to Leaps language within their conversations or messaging for student support.
To nominate, please click the visit the Nomination Form web page and select the appropriate award:
- Steps to Leaps (S2L) in Research Award
- Steps to Leaps (S2L) Student of the Year Award
- Award for Academic Integration of Steps to Leaps
- Steps to Leaps (S2L) in Student Support Award
Criteria and Deadlines
All regular Purdue employees are eligible for the following awards: Steps to Leaps Research Award, Award for Academic Integration of Steps to Leaps, and Steps to Leaps in Student Support Award.
- Student employees are not eligible for these awards.
- Employees may be nominated by a supervisor, co-worker, peer, or student.
All WL Campus Purdue Students are eligible for the Steps to Leaps Student of the Year Award.
The nomination for the Steps to Leaps awards are due January, 31, 2023, at 9:00 a.m.
Awards will be presented at the Steps to Leaps Summit on March 22, 2023.