Veterinarians play a vital role in the healthcare of pets, livestock, zoo animals, and laboratory animals. They also protect humans against disease carried by animals and research human and animal health problems. Veterinarians take health histories of animals, perform exams, interpret tests, diagnose problems, prescribe medications, develop treatment plans, and perform surgeries. They may specialize their care in a number of different areas.
Unfortunately, tours are currently unavailable at the Purdue College of Veterinary Medicine.
Request a tour of the Purdue College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Career Options
- Medicine & Physician Assistant
- Dentistry & Optometry
- Veterinary Medicine
- Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Public Health & Health Administration
- Podiatry & Chiropractic Medicine
- Anesthesiologist Assistant
- Genetic Counseling & Human Donation Science
- Orthotics/Prosthetics & Athletic Training
- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Pathologists Assistant
- Forensic Science