Professional Career Options
Purdue students pursue a variety of career fields in law, healthcare and veterinary medicine. Typically these are career interests--not majors. You can major in what interests you most and also pursue one of these fields. Majoring in something you find compelling can also provide you with alternate career options in case you change your mind or do not gain immediate entrance into the professional program of your choice.
Our pre-professional advisors are available to help you explore your options and choose one that is a good fit, to learn about the credentials to enter each field, and to assist you with applying into one of these exciting professions.
Besides the information on this website, the following sites have trusted information for learning more about health careers.
Besides using our website, we recommend learning more about law at these sites.
- Career Options
- Medicine & Physician Assistant
- Dentistry & Optometry
- Veterinary Medicine
- Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Public Health & Health Administration
- Podiatry & Chiropractic Medicine
- Anesthesiologist Assistant
- Genetic Counseling & Human Donation Science
- Orthotics/Prosthetics & Athletic Training
- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Pathologists Assistant
- Forensic Science