September 21, 2020
Three-day, virtual Road to Retirement conference to begin Wednesday
The fall 2020 Road to Retirement three-day virtual conference begins Wednesday (Sept. 23) and runs through Friday (Sept. 25). Resources will be available to employees to help them plan for a successful retirement, no matter where they are on their retirement planning path. The schedule is available to view online.
Multiple experts and resources from a variety of organizations -- Center for Healthy Living, Fidelity, HSA Bank, Ismail Center, Purdue HR Benefits, Purdue University Retirees Association, PERF, TIAA and more -- will have presentations addressing a variety of financial wellness and retirement topics. Presentation topics include creating a budget, managing student loans, understanding retiree health plan options, Social Security planning, retirement plan income options, mental health aspects of retirement, staying fit in retirement and more. Some presentations will be offered live, and others will be pre-recorded for viewing anytime.
Note: Registration is required for the live presentations offered by Fidelity. Follow the live Zoom links in the online schedule to register.
Pre-program preparation encouraged for best takeaway
There are a few things that can be done ahead of time to prepare for the information in the Road to Retirement program. Those planning on attending are encouraged to review the following:
- Create a my Social Security account.
- Check out the Retirement Estimator.
- Review the Retirement Toolkit.
- See the Benefits Planner: Retirement for detailed information about Social Security retirement benefits, including when to apply.
- Retirement plans
- Log in to review Fidelity retirement account details.
- Log in to review PERF retirement account details, if applicable. First-time registrants are required to enter their INPRS PIN (listed in the INPRS security mailer sent to homes previously) or by entering their Social Security number and date of birth. Call INPRS at 844-GO-INPRS for assistance.
- Log in to review TIAA retirement account details, if applicable.
- Additional Purdue resources for your review
Checking into this information before or during the Road to Retirement conference will be beneficial as planning for retirement continues. Those who are within two years of retiring will find this checklist helpful to stay focused and on track.For more information, contact Human Resources at 765-494-2222, toll-free at 877-725-0222 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.