Apply: Service-Learning graduate administrative / professional assistantship
The Purdue Office of Engagement seeks a quarter-time (0.25 FTE, 10 hours per week) graduate administrative / professional assistant to provide administrative support for the Director of Service-Learning in coordinating service-learning programs and initiatives campus-wide.
The Purdue Office of Engagement seeks a quarter-time (0.25 FTE, 10 hours per week) graduate administrative/professional assistant to provide administrative support for the Director of Service-Learning in coordinating service-learning programs and initiatives campus-wide. This is a 12-month appointment with a base salary of $13,000 for the fiscal period, along with the remission of all but a portion of fees.
The dates of the appointment are May 17, 2023, through May 16, 2024. With superior performance in this position, a 0.50 FTE, 20 hours per week graduate administrative/professional assistantship could be offered the following year with enhanced responsibilities and duties.
The responsibilities of the role will evolve with the needs of the Purdue Office of Engagement and the unique skillset of the graduate administrative professional selected. For example, a graduate assistant with significant experience with written communication may have the bulk of their assigned work-centered tasks such as working with writing interns, writing spotlight stories, creating outreach campaigns, and more.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Create public relations content to promote service-learning, e.g., service-learning stories, outreach campaigns, Twitter, Instagram, website, press releases, and system alerts for the service-learning fellows’ program
- Create service-learning content for a newsletter
- Support evaluation of Community Service/Service-Learning Fellows grant program and develop impact metrics and reporting tools, create training materials
- Participate in the scholarship of engagement projects
- Support service-learning programs, i.e., faculty development, community partner support programs, and intern support.
- Support and attend key service-learning events, activities, and committees
- Previous experience with service-learning or engagement courses, projects, and/or scholarship
- Previous experience in public relations and communications
- Current enrollment in a Purdue West Lafayette Ph.D. program with at least 2 years left to completion
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills
- Evidence of outstanding project management and organizational skills
- Collaborates and works well in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
To apply, please send a cover letter of interest and CV to Lindsey Payne, email@example.com by April 21, 2023.