PublicationsIf you are not able to find a document via the search engine please email us at: email@example.com and we will send it to you.
VACCINE Index of Publications thru Year Two
1. “A Blackboard-based Approach Towards Predictive Analytics,” Jia Yue, Anita Raja, Dingxiang Liu, Xiaoyu Wang, William Ribarsky.
2. “A Dynamic Multiscale Magnifying Tool for Exploring Large Sparse Graphs,” Pak Chung Wong, Harlan Foote, Patrick Mackey, George Chin, Heidi Sofia, Jim Thomas; Information Visualization 7: 105-117.
3. “A Layered Dempster-Shafer Approach to Scenario Construction and Analysis,” Antonio Sanfilippo, Bob Baddeley, Christian Posse, Paul Whitney; IEEE International Conference on Intelligence and Security Informatics 2007 (ISI 2007), May 23-24 2007, New Brunswick, NJ USA, Piscataway, NJ, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
4. “A Novel Approach to Enable Semantic and Visual Image Summarization for Exploratory Image Search,” Jianping Fan, Yuli Gao, Hangzai Luo, Daniel A. Keim, Zongmin Li.
5. “A Novel Visualization Technique for Electric Power Grid Analytics,” Pak Chung Wong, Kevin Schneider, Patrick Mackey, Harlan Foote, George Chin Jr., Ross Guttromson, Jim Thomas; IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics 15(3):410-423.
6. “A Probabilistic Model of the Categorical Association Between Colors,” Jason Chuang, Maureen Stone, Pat Hanrahan; Proceedings of the 16th Color Imaging Conference Portland, OR, November 10 to 15, 2009, pp. 6-11.
7. “A Query-Aware Document Ranking Method for Geographic Information Retrieval,” Bo Yu, Guoray Cai; Proceedings of the 4th ACM workshop on Geographical information retrieval, Lisbon, Portugal, ACM.
8. “A Robust Incremental Learning Framework for Accurate Skin Region Segmentation in Color Images,” Bin Li, Xiangyang Xue, Jianping Fan.
9. “ A Sketch-Based Approach for Detecting Common Human Actions,” Evan Suma, Justin Babbs, Richard Souvenir.
10. “A STAB at Making Sense of VAST Data,” Summer Adams, Ashok K. Goel.
11. “A System for the Automatic Comparison of Machine and Human Geocoded Documents,” Ian Turton; Proceedings of the 2nd international workshop on Geographic information retrieval, Napa Valley, California, USA, ACM.
12. “A Visual Analytics Agenda,” James J.Thomas, Kristin A. Cook; IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications 26(1): 10-13.
13. “A Visual Analytics Toolkit for Evaluating Potential Syndromic Outbreaks,” Ross Maciejewski, Stephen Rudolph, Shaun J. Grannis, David S. Ebert; 2008 Conference of the International Society for Disease Surveillance, December 2008.
14. “A Web Based Tool for the Detection and Analysis of Avian Influenza Outbreaks From Internet News Sources,” Ian Turton, Andrew Murdoch; AutoCarto 2008: Poster Abstracts, Shepherdstown, West Virginia.
15. “Abstractive Representation and Exploration of Hierarchically Clustered Diffusion Tensor Fiber Tracts,” Weri Chen, Song Zhang, Stephfan Correia, David S. Ebert; Computer Graphics Forum, Proceedings of EuroVis 2008.
16. “Access Control Enforcement for Conversation-based Web Services,” Massimo Mecella, Mourad Ouzzani, Federica Paci, Elisa Bertino; Proc. of the 15th International World Wide Web Conference, Edinburgh, UK, May 2006.
17. “An Affordable Wearable Video System for Emergency Response Training,” Deen King-Smith, Aravind Mikkilineni, David Ebert, Timothy Collins, Edward J. Delp
18. “An Educational Digital Library for Human-Centered Computing,” Edward Clarkson, James D. Foley, Jason A. Day; CHI 2006 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems, ACM, New York, NY, pp. 646-651.
19. “An Information-Theoretic View of Visual Analytics,” Chaomei Chen; IEEE Computer Graphics & Applications 28(1): 18-23.
20. “An Open GeoSpatial Standards-Enabled Google Earth Application to Support Crisis Management,” Scott Pezanowski, Brian Tomaszewski, Alan M. MacEachren; The 3rd International Symposium on Geo-information for Disaster Management, Toronto, Ontario.
21. “Analyzing Large-Scale News Video Databases to Support Knowledge Visualization and Intuitive Retrieval,” Hangzai Luo, Jianping Fan, Jing Yang, William Ribarsky, Shin’ichi Satoh.
22. “Analyzing Sampled Terrain Volumetrically with Regard to Error and Geologic Variation,” Thomas Butkiewicz, Remco Chang, Zachary Wartell, William Ribarsky.
23. “Applied Visual Analytics for Economic Decision-Making,” Anya Savikhin, Ross Maciejewski, David S. Ebert; IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST), 2008.
24. “Arrows in Comprehending and Producing Mechanical Diagrams,” Julie Heiser, Barbara Tversky; Cognitive Science, 30, 581-592.
25. “Augmenting Digital Library Search Interfaces with Visual Analysis Tools,” Edward Clarkson, James D. Foley; IEEE Visualization Doctoral Colloquium (IEEE Vis 2007).
26. “Augmenting Faceted Exploration with ResultMaps,” Edward C. Clarkson, James D. Foley; Second Workshop on Human-computer Interaction and Information Retrieval (HCIR 2008).
27. “Benchmark Analysis for Quantifying Urban Vulnerability to Terrorist Incidents,” Walter W. Piegorsch, Susan L. Cutter, Frank Hardisty; Risk Analysis 27(6): 1411-1425.
28. “Beyond Ontologies: Toward Situated Representations of Scientific Knowledge,” William Pike, Mark Gahegan; Journal of Human-Computer Studies 65(7): 674-688.
29. “Beyond Usability: Evaluation Aspects of Visual Analytic Environments,” Jean Scholtz; 2006 IEEE Symposium On Visual Analytics And Technology, Oct 31, 2006 - Nov 02, 2006, Baltimore, MD, United States, Piscataway, NJ, IEEE.
30. “Browsing Affordance Designs for the Human-Centered Computing Education Digital Library,” Edward Clarkson, James D. Foley; ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries '06, p. 361.
31. “Building a Human Information Discourse Interface to Uncover Scenario Content,” Sanfilippo, B. Baddeley, A. J. Cowell, M. L. Gregory, R. Hohimer, S. Tratz; 2005 International Conference on Intelligence Analysis, McLean, VA, Mitre Website.
32. “Cognitive Design Principles: from Cognitive Models to Computer Models,” Barbara Tversky, Maneesh Agrawala, Julie Heiser, Paul Lee, Pat Hanrahan, Doantam Phan, Chris Stolte, Marie-Paule Daniel; In L. Magnani (Editor) Model-based reasoning in science and engineering. pp. 1-20. London: King’s College.
33. “Cognitive Methods for Visualizing Space, Time, and Agents,” Angela M. Kessell, Barbara Tversky; Theory and application of diagrams. Dordrecht.
34. “Collaborative Synthesis of Visual Analytic Results,” Anthony C. Robinson; IEEE Visual Analytics, Science Technology Conference (VAST 2008). Columbus, OH.
35. “Color Enhanced Star Plot Glyphs—Can Salient Shape Characteristics be Overcome?,” Alexander Klippela, Frank Hardistya, Rui Li, Chris Weaver.
36. “Community-Cyberinfrastructure-Enabled Discovery in Science and Engineering,” Ahmed K. Elmagarmid, Arjmand Samuel, Mourad Ouzzani; Computing in Science & Engineering , September/October 2008, Vol,. 10, No. 5, pp. 46-53.
37. “Companion Animals as Sentinels for Community Exposure to Industrial Chemicals: The Fairburn, GA, Propyl Mercaptan Case Study,” Ross Maciejewskia, Nita Glickman, George Moore, Cheng Zheng, Benjamin Tyner, William Cleveland, David Ebert, Larry Glickman; The Fairburn, GA Propyl Mercaptan Case-Study, Public Health Reports, 123(3), May/June 2008.
38. “Conservative Voxelization,” Long Zhang, Wei Chen, David S. Ebert, Qunsheng Peng; The Visual Computer, selected paper from Computer Graphics International 2007.
39. “Contextual Interaction for Geospatial Visual Analytics on Mobile Devices,” Avin Pattath, David S. Ebert, William Pike, Richard A. May; Multimedia on Mobile Devices 2009, part of the 20th Annual IS&T/SPIE Symposium on Electronic Imaging, 2009.
40. “Contextualizing Syndromic Hotspots—A Visual Analytics Approach,” Ross Maciejewski, Stephen Rudolph, George Tebbetts, David S. Ebert.
41. “Creating Realistic, Scenario-Based Synthetic Data for Test and Evaluation of Information Analytics Software,” Mark A. Whiting, Jereme Haack, Carrie Varley.
42. “Cross-dimensional Visual Queries for Interactive+Animated Analysis of Movement,” Chris Weaver.
43. “Data, Information, and Knowledge in Visualization,” Min Chen, David Ebert, Hans Hagen, Robert S. Laramee, Robert van Liere, Kwan-Liu Ma, William Ribarsky, Gerik Scheuermann, Deborah Silver; IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Visualization Viewpoints, Jan-Feb, 2009, pp. 4-11, 2009.
44. “Defining Insight for Visual Analytics,” Remco Chang, Caroline Ziemkiewicz, Tera Marie Green, William Ribarsky.
45. “Design for Synthesis in Geovisualization,” Anthony Christian Robinson.
46. “Developing Geo-temporal Context from Implicit Sources with Geovisual Analytics,” Brian Tomaszewski; ICA Commission on Visualization and Virtual Environments, Helsinki, Finland.
47. “Discovering the Unexpected,” Kris Cook, Rae Earnshaw, John Stasko.
48. “Distributed Cognition as a Theoretical Framework for Information Visualization,” Zhicheng Liu, Nancy J. Nersessian, John T. Stasko; IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, InfoVis '08, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 1173-1180.
49. “Duplicate Elimination in Space-partitioning Tree Indexes,” M. Y. Eltabakh, Mourad Ouzzani, Walid G. Aref; Proc. of the 19th International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM 2007), Banff, Canada, July 2007.
50. “Duplicate Record Detection: A Survey,” Ahmed K. Elmagarmid, Panagiotis G. Ipeirotis, Vassilios S. Verykios; IEEE Trans. Knowl. Data Eng. 19(1): 1-16 (2007).
51. “Dynamic Visualization of Graphs with Extended Labels,” Pak Chung Wong, Patrick Mackey, Ken Perrine, James Eagan, Harlan Foote, Jim Thomas; 2005 IEEE Symposium on Information Visualization, October 2005.
52. “Emergency Response Planning and Training Through Interactive Simulation and Visualization with Decision Support,” Bruce Donald Campbell, Huseyin Onur Mete, Tom Furness, Suzanne Weghorst, Zelda Zabinsky.
53. “Enhancing Visual Analysis of Network Traffic Using a Knowledge Representation,” Ling Xiao, John Gerth Pat Hanrahan; IEEE VAST 2006 pp. 107-114.
54. “Evaluating the Relationship Between User Interaction and Financial Visual Analysis,” Dong Hyun Jeong, Wenwen Dou, Felesia Stukes, William Ribarsky.
55. “Evaluating Visual Analytics at the 2007 VAST Symposium Contest,” Catherine Plaisant, Georges Grinstein, Jean Scholtz, Mark Whiting, Theresa O’Connell, Sharon Laskowski, Lynn Chien, Annie Tat, William Wright, Carsten Görg, Zhicheng Liu, Neel Parekh, Kanupriya Singhal, John Stasko; IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 12-21.
56. “EventRiver: Interactive Visual Exploration of Streaming Text,” Dongning Luo, Jing Yang, Jianping Fan, William Ribarsky, Hangzai Luo; Submitted to EG/IEEE EuroVis 2009.
57. “Exploiting the User: Adapting Personas for Use in Security Visualization Design,” Jennifer Stoll, David McColgin, Michelle Gregory, Vern Crow, W. Keith Edwards; VizSec: Workshop on Visualization for Computer Security, New York, NY, Springer.
58. “Exploring Large-Scale Video News via Interactive Visualization,” Hangzai Luo, Jianping Fan, Jing Yang, William Ribarsky, Shin’ichi Satoh.
59. “Facilitating Situation Assessment Through GIR with Multi-scale Open Source Web Documents,” Brian M. Tomaszewski, Chi-Chun Pan, Prasenjit Mitra, Alan M. MacEachren; 4th Workshop on Geographic Information Retrieval, held at CIKM 2007. Lisbon, Portugal.
60. “FemaRepViz: Automatic Extraction and Geo-Temporal Visualization of FEMA National Situation Updates,” Chi-Chun Pan, Prasenjit Mitrat; IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST 2007). Sacramento, CA.
61. “Flow Map Layout,” Doantam Phan, Ling Xiao, Ron Yeh, Pat Hanrahan, Terry Winograd; Proceedings of IEEE Information Visualization 2005 pp. 219-224.
62. “From Desktop to Field: Deploying Visual Incident Analysis for Law Enforcement,” Bob Baddeley, Katarina Younkin, Rick Riensche, Daniel Best, William A. Pike, Richard May; IEEE Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security, pp. 209-214.
63. “Generating Graphs for Visual Analytics Through Interactive Sketching,” Pak Chung Wong, Harlan Foote, Patrick Mackey, Ken Perrine, George Chin Jr.; IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics Volume 12, Number 6.
64. “GeoDialogue: A Software Agent Enabling Collaborative Dialogues between a User and a Conversational GIS,” Hongmei Wang, Guoray Cai, Alan M. MacEachren; 20th IEEE Int'l Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI 2008), Dayton, Ohio.
65. “Geographic Information Retrieval from Disparate Data Sources,” Ian Turton, Mark Gahegan, Anuj Jaiswal; GeoComputation 2007, Maynooth, Ireland.
66. “GeoJabber: Enabling Geo-Collaborative Visual Analysis,” Frank Hardisty.
67. “GeoJabber: Finding Significant Analytic Events in Collaborative Visual Analysis Sessions,” Frank Hardisty; In Geospatial Visual Analytics Workshop at GIScience, Salt Lake City, Utah.
68. “Geovisual Analytics and Crisis Management,” Brian M. Tomaszewski, Anthony C. Robinson, Chris Weaver, Michael Stryker, Alan M. MacEchren.
69. “Geovisual Analytics for Spatial Decision Support: Setting the Research Agenda,” G. Andrienko, N. Andrienko, P. Jankowski, D. Keim, M.-J. Kraak, A. MacEachren, S. Wrobel.
70. “Gestalts of Thought,” Barbara Tversky; In L. Albertazzi (Editor), Visual thought, pp. 155-163. Amsterdam: Benjamins.
71. “Grand Challenge Award: Data Integration,” Donald Pellegrino, Chi-Chun Pan, Anthony Robinson, Michael Stryker, Junyan Luo, Chris Weaver, Prasenjit Mitra, Chaomei Chen, Ian Turton, Alan MacEachren; IEEE Visual Analytics, Science Technology Conference (VAST 2008), Columbus, OH.
72. “Graph Signatures for Visual Analytics,” Pak Chung Wong, Harlan Foote, George Chin Jr., Patrick Mackey, Ken Perrine; Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics 12(6).
73. “Haptic Identification of Stiffness and Force Magnitude,” Steven A. Cholewiak, Hong Z. Tan, David S. Ebert; Proceedings of the Symposium on Haptic Interfaces for Virtual Environment and Teleoperator Systems, 87-91.
74. “Have Green—A Visual Analytics Framework for Large Semantic Graphs,” Pak Chung Wong, George Chin Jr., Harlan Foote, Patrick Mackey, Jim Thomas; IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics Science and Technology, Baltimore, Maryland USA.
75. “Health Geojunction: Geovisualization of News and Scientific Publications to Support Situation Awareness,” Michael Stryker, Ian Turton, Alan M. MacEachren; GIScience 2008. Park City, Utah.
76. “Hierarchical Simplification of City Models to Maintain Urban Legibility,” Remco Chang, Thomas Butkiewicz, Caroline Ziemkiewicz, Zachary Wartell, Nancy Pollard, William Ribarsky.
77. “Human Action Detection via Boosted Local Motion Histograms,” Qingshan Luo, Xiaodong Kong, Guihua Zeng, Jianping Fan.
78. “Illuminating the Path: The Research and Development Agenda for Visual Analytics”, James J. Thomas, Kristin A. Cook; Los Alamitos, CA, IEEE Computer Society.
79. “Improving the Accuracy of Gaze Input for Interaction,” Manu Kumar, Jeff Klingner, Rohan Puranik, Terry Winograd, Andreas Paepcke; Proceedings of the 2008 symposium on Eye Tracking Research and Applications. ACM New York, NY. March 2008, pp. 65-68.
80. “Improvisational Geovisualization of the 2000 United States Census,” Chris Weaver.
81. “Incorporating Concept Ontology for Hierarchical Video Classification, Annotation, and Visualization,” Jianping Fan, Hangzai Luo, Yuli Gao, Ramesh Jain.
82. “Incorporating Feature Hierarchy and Boosting to Achieve More Effective Classifier Training and Concept-Oriented Video Summarization and Skimming,” Hangzai Luo, Yuli Gao, Xiangyang Xue, Jinye Peng, Jianping Fan.
83. “InfoStar: An Adaptive Visual Analytics Platform for Mobile Devices,” Antonio Sanfilippo, Richard May, Gary Danielson, Bob Baddeley, Rick Riensche, Skip Kirby, Sharon Collins, Susan Thornton, Kenneth Washington, Matt Schrager, Jamie Van Randwyk, Bob Borchers, Doug Gatchell; MCMP '05 First International Workshop on Managing Context Information in Mobile and Pervasive Environments held in Ayia Napa, Cyprus, May 9, 2005, AachenGermany.
84. “IN-SPIRE InfoVis 2004 Contest Entry,” Pak Chung Wong, Beth Hetzler, Christian Posse, Mark Whiting, Susan Havre, Nick Cramer, Anuj Shah, Mudita Singhal, Alan Turner, Jim Thomas; IEEE Symposium on Information Visualization. InfoViz 2004.
85. “Integrating Concept Ontology and Multitask Learning to Achieve More Effective Classifier Training for Multilevel Image Annotation,” Jianping Fan, Yuli Gao, Hangzai Luo.
86. “Integrating Multi-Modal Content Analysis and Hyperbolic Visualization for Large-Scale News Video Retrieval and Exploration,” H. Luo, J. Fan, S. Satoh, J. Yang, W. Ribarsky.
87. “Integrating Semantic Video Understanding and Knowledge Visualization for Large-Scale News Video Exploration,” Hangzai Luo, Jianping Fan, Shin’ichi Satoh, Jing Yang, William Ribarsky.
88. “Integrating Visual Analysis with Ontological Knowledge Structure,” Xiaoyu Wang, Wenwen Dou, Seok-won Lee, William Ribarsky, Remco Chang.
89. “Interactive Illustrative Rendering on Mobile Devices,” Jingshu Huang, Brian Bue, Avin Pattath, David S. Ebert, Krystal M. Thomas; IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 48-56, 2007.
90. Interactive Visual Analysis of Time-series Microarray Data,” Dong Hyun Jeong, Alireza Darvish, Kayvan Najarian, Jing Yang, William Ribarsky.
91. “Interactive Visualization and Analysis of Network and Sensor Data on Mobile Devices,” Avin Pattath, Brian Bue, Yun Jang, David Ebert, Xuan Zhong, Aaron Ault, Edward Coyle; IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST) 2006, pp. 83-90, 2006.
92. “Interactive Wormhole Detection in Large Scale Wireless Networks,” Weichao Wang, Aidong Lu.
93. “Introspective Self-Explanation in Analytical Agents,” Anita Raja, Ashok Goel.
94. “Investigative Visual Analysis of Global Terrorism,” Xiaoyu Wang, Erin Miller, Kathleen Smarick, William Ribarsky, Remco Chang.
95. “iPCA: An Interactive System for PCA-based Visual Analytics,” Dong Jeong, Caroline Ziemkiewicz, Brian Fisher, William Ribarsky, Remco Chang.
96. “Isn’t It About Time?,” Olga A. Kuchar, Thomas J. Hoeft, Susan Havre, Kenneth A. Perrine; IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications 26(3): 80-83.
97. “Jigsaw Meets Blue Iguanodon - The VAST 2007 Contest,” Carsten G org, Zhicheng Liu, Neel Parekh, Kanupriya Singhal, John Stasko; Proceedings of IEEE VAST '07, pp. 235-236.
98. “Jigsaw: Supporting Investigative Analysis through Interactive Visualization,” John Stasko, Carsten Görg, Zhicheng Liu, Kanupriya Singhal; Information Visualization, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 118-
99. “JustClick: Personalized Image Recommendation via Exploratory Search from Large-Scale Flickr Image Collections,” Jianping Fan, Daniel A. Keim, Yuli Gao, Hangzai Luo, Zongmin Li.
100. “LAHVA: Linked Animal-Human Health Visual Analytics,” Ross Maciejewski, Benjamin Tyner, Yun Jang, Cheng Zheng, Rimma V. Nehme, David S. Ebert, William S. Cleveland, Mourad Ouzzani, Shaun J. Grannis, Lawrence T. Glickman; IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST), pp27-34, 2007.
101. “Legible Cities: Focus-Dependent Multi-Resolution Visualization of Urban Relationships,” Remco Chang, Ginette Wessel, Robert Kosara, Eric Sauda, William Ribarsky.
102. “Legible Simplification of Textured Urban Models,” Remco Chang, Thomas Butkiewicz, Caroline Ziemkiewicz, Zachary Wartell, Nancy Pollard, William Ribarsky.
103. “Leveraging the Potential of Geospatial Annotations for Collaboration: A Communication Theory Perspective,” S. Hopper, A.M. MacEachren; International Journal of Geographical Information Science 21(8): 921 - 934.
104. “Local Model Semantics, Categories, and External Representation: Towards a Model for Geo-historical Context,” Brian Tomaszewski; Doctoral Consortium Proceedings, Sixth International and Interdisciplinary Conference on Modeling and Using Context (CONTEXT'07), Roskilde University, Denmark.
105. “Maintaining Interactivity While Exploring Massive Time Series,” Sye-Min Chan, Ling Xiao, John Gerth, Pat Hanrahan; Proceedings of IEEE VAST 2008 pp. 59-66.
106. “Making Sense of VAST Data,” Summer Adams, Ashok K. Goel.
107. “Making Thought Visible,” Barbara Tversky; In J. Gero (Editor), Studying design creativity. Dordrecth, Netherlands: Springer.
108. “Measures of Similarity for Integrating Conceptual Geographical Knowledge: Some Ideas and Some Questions,” Mark Gahegan, Ritesh Agrawal, Anuj Jaiswal, Junyan Luo, Kean-Huat Soon; COSIT: Workshop on semantic similarity measurements. Melbourne, Australia.
109. “Measuring Stipple Aesthetics in Hand-Drawn and Computer-Generated Images,” Ross Maciejewski, Tobias Isenberg, William M. Andrews, David S. Ebert, Mario Costa Sousa, Wei Chen; IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, 28(2), 2008.
110. “Measuring the Task-Evoked Pupillary Response with a Remote Eye Tracker,” Jeff Klingner, Rakshit Kumar, Pat Hanrahan; Proceedings of the 2008 symposium on Eye Tracking Research and Applications, ACM New York, NY. March 2008, pp. 69-72.
111. “Medical Interface Research at the HIT Lab,” Suzanne Weghorst, Eric Seibel, Peter Oppenheimer, Hunter Hoffman, Brian Schowengerdt, Thomas A. Furness III.
112. “Mobile Analytics for Emergency Response and Training,” SungYe Kim, Ross Maciejewski, Karl Ostmo, Edward J. Delp, Timothy F. Collins, David S. Ebert; Information Visualization (2008), 7, pp.77-88, 2008.
113. “Multidimensional Visual Analysis Using Cross-Filtered Views,” Chris Weaver; AST 2008. Columbus, OH, 163-170.
114. “Multi-Focused Geospatial Analysis Using Probes,” Thomas Butkiewicz, Wenwen Dou, Zachary Wartell, William Ribarsky, Remco Chang.
115. “Multivariate Visual Explanation for High Dimensional Datasets,” Scott Barlowe, Tianyi Zhang, Yujie Liu, Jing Yang, Donald Jacobs.
116. “New Models for Real-Time Tracking Using Particle Filtering,” Ka Ki Ng, Edward J. Delp; Proceedings of SPIE Electronic Imaging, 2009 - San Jose, CA.
117. “NewsLab: Exploratory Broadcast News Video Analysis,” Mohammad Ghoniem, Dongning Luo, Jing Yang, William Ribarsky.
118. “Optimization of Enterprises Modeled by Rules,” Huseyin Onur Mete, Zelda B. Zabinsky, Wolf Kohn; Proceedings of the 2008 Industrial Engineering Research Conference.
119. “Parallel Sets: Interactive Exploration and Visual Analysis of Categorical Data,” Robert Kosara, Fabian Bendix, Helwig Hauser.
120. “Patterns of Coordination in Improvise Visualizations,” Chris Weaver.
121. “PhotoSpread: A Spreadsheet for Managing Photos,” Sean Kandel, Eric Abelson, Hector Garcia-Molina, Andreas Paepcke, Martin Theobald.
122. “Playing Detective: Using AI for Sensemaking in Investigative Analysis,” Ashok K. Goel, Summer Adams, Neil Cutshaw, Neha Sugandh.
123. “Preparing for Disasters: Medical Supply Location and Distribution,” Huseyin Onur Mete, Zelda B. Zabinsky.
124. “Privacy Preserving Schema and Data Matching,” Monica Scannapieco, Ilya Figotin, Elisa Bertino, Ahmed Elmagarmid; SIGMOD Conference 2007: 653-664.
125. “Producing Geo-historical Context from Implicit Sources: A Geovisual Analytics Approach,” Brian Tomaszewski; The Cartographic Journal 45(3): 165-181.
126. “Progressive Multiples for Communication-Minded Visualization,” Doantam Phan, Andreas Paepcke, Terry Winograd; Proceedings of Graphics Interface 2007 pp. 225-232.
127. “Punctuated Simplification of Man-made Objects,” Justin Jang, Peter Wonka, William Ribarsky, Christopher D. Shaw.
128. “Real Time Scalable Visual Analysis on Mobile Devices,” Avin Pattath, David S. Ebert, Richard A. May, Timothy F. Collins, William Pike; Conference on Multimedia on Mobile Devices 2008, part of the 20th Annual IS&T/SPIE Symposium on Electronic Imaging, Vol. 6821, Feb. 2008.
129. “Recovering Reasoning Process From User Interactions,” Wenwen Dou, Dong Huyn Jeong, Felesia Stukes, William Ribarsky, Heather Richter Lipford, Remco Chang; IEEE Computer Graphics & Applications.
130. “Resolution Control for Balancing Overview and Detail in Multivariate Spatial Analysis,” Jin Chen, Alan M. MacEachren; Cartographic Journal.
131. “Resource- and Task-Driven Visualization Adaptation,” Ahmed Elmagarmid, Alok Chaturvedi, Mourad Ouzzani, David S. Ebert, Yung-Hsiang Lu, Edward J. Delp, William Cleveland; CHI'06 Workshop: Information Visualization and Interaction Techniques for Collaboration across Multiple Displays, pp. 113-116, 2006.
132. “Resource-Driven Content Adaptation,” Yung-Hsiang Lu, David S. Ebert, Edward J. Delp.
133. “ResultMaps: Search Result Visualization for Hierarchical Information Spaces,” Edward C. Clarkson, James D. Foley; Proceedings of ACM CHI '07 Workshop on Exploratory Search and HCI, pp. 32-39.
134. “Re-Visualization: Interactive Visualization of the Process of Visual Analysis,” Anthony C. Robinson, Chris Weaver; GIScience 2006, Visualization, Analytics & Spatial Decision Support Workshop, Muenster, Germany.
135. “Scalable and Interactive Visual Analysis of Financial Wire Transactions for Fraud Detection,” Remco Chang, Alvin Lee, Mohammad Ghoniem, Robert Kosara, William Ribarsky, Jing Yang, Evan Suma, Caroline Ziemkiewicz, Daniel Kern, Agus Sudjianto.
136. “Scalable Visual Reasoning: Supporting Collaboration through Distributed Analysis,” William A. Pike, Richard May, Bob Baddeley, Roderick Riensche, Joe Bruce, Katarina Younkin; 2007 International Symposium on Collaborative Technologies and Systems, New York, NY, IEEE Press.
137. “Semantic Image Browser: Bridging Information Visualization with Automated Intelligent Image Analysis,” Jing Yang, Jianping Fan, Daniel Hubball, Yuli Gao, Hangzai Luo William Ribarsky, Matthew Ward.
138. “Sensemaking across Text Documents: Human-Centered, Visual Exploration with Jigsaw,” John Stasko, Carsten Görg, Zhicheng Liu; CHI '08 Workshop on Sensemaking, Florence, Italy, April 2008.
139. “Shape-aware Volume Illustration,” Wei Chen, Aidong Lu, David S. Ebert; Computer Graphics Forum, Vol. 26, Issue 3, Eurographics 2007.
140. “Situational Awareness and Visual Analytics for Emergency Response and Training,” Ross Maciejewski, SungYe Kim, Deen King-Smith, Karl Ostmo, Nicholas Klosterman, Aravind K. Mikkilineni, David S. Ebert, Edward J. Delp, Timothy F. Collins; IEEE International Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security, 2008.
141. “Spatial Ordering and Encoding for Geographic Data Mining and Visualization,” Diansheng Guo, Mark Gahegan; Journal of Intelligent Information Systems 27(3): 243-266.
142. “Spatio-Temporal Analysis on FEMA Situation Updates with Automated Information Extraction,” Chi-Chun Pan, Prasenjit Mitra, Auroop R. Ganguly; ACM Workshop on Knowledge Discovery from Sensor Data, collocated with The Thirteenth ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD). San Jose, CA.
143. “Star Plots - How Shape Characteristics Influence Classification Tasks,” Alexander Klippel, Frank Hardisty, Chris Weaver.
144. “Statistically identifying basic color terms,” Jason Chuang, Pat Hanrahan; The 31st Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society.
145. “STL and Local Regression for Modeling Disease Surveillance Counts,” David E. Anderson, Cheng Zheng, Ross Maciejewski, Ryan Hafen, William S. Cleveland, David S. Ebert, Mourad Ouzzani, Shaun J. Grannis; 2007 Conference of the International Society for Disease Surveillance: Evaluation and Performance, Vol 4, 2007.
146. Weizhong Zhu, Chaomei Chen; Computers & Graphics, Special Issue on Visual Analytics 31(3).
147. “Supporting Knowledge Transfer through Decomposable Reasoning Artifacts,” William Pike, Richard May, Alan Turner; 40th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS '07), January 3-6, 2007, Waikoloa, Hawaii.
148. “Supporting the Process of Exploring and Interpreting Space—Time Multivariate Patterns: The Visual Inquiry Toolkit,” Jin Chen, Alan M. MacEachren, Diansheng Guo; Cartography and Geographic Information Science 35(1): 33-50.
149. “Synthesizing Geovisual Analytic Results,” Anthony C. Robinson; Proceedings of the IEEE Visual Analytics, Science and Technology Conference Doctoral Colloquium, Sacramento, CA.
150. “Synthesizing Results in Geovisualization,” Anthony C. Robinson; Proceedings of the 23rd International Cartographic Conference, Moscow, Russia.
151. “Temporal and Information Flow Based Event Detection From Social Text Streams,” Qiankun Zhao, Prasenjit Mitra, Bi Chen.
152. “TextPlorer: An Application Supporting Text Analysis,” Chi-Chun Pan, Anuj R. Jaiswal, Junyan Luo, Anthony Robinson; IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST 2007). Sacramento, CA.
153. “The Day-of-the-Week Effect: A Study Across the Indiana Public Health Emergency Surveillance System,” Ross Maciejewski, Stephen Rudolph, Shaun J. Grannis, David S. Ebert; Conference of the International Society for Disease Surveillance, December 2008.
154. “The Development of an Educational Digital Library for Human-Centered Computing,” Edward Clarkson, Jason Day, Jim Foley; GVU Technical Report; GIT-GVU-05-33.
155. “The GeoViz Toolkit: Using Component-Oriented Coordination Methods to Aid Geovisualization Application Construction,” F. Hardisty, A. Robinson.
156. “The Role of Blackboard-based Reasoning and Visual Analytics in RESIN’s Predictive Analysis,” Dingxiang Liu, Jia Yue, Xiaoyu Wang, Anita Raja, William Ribarsky.
157. “The Scalable Reasoning System: Lightweight Visualization for Distributed Analytics,” William A. Pike, Joe Bruce, Bob Baddeley, Daniel Best, Lyndsey Franklin, Richard May, Douglas M. Rice, Rick Riensche, Katarina Younkin; IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST), pp. 131-138.
158. “The Shaping of Information by Visual Metaphors,” Caroline Ziemkiewicz, Robert Kosara.
159. “Thinking with Sketches,” Barbara Tversky, Masaki Suwa; In A. Markman (Editor), Tools for innovation. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
160. “Threat Stream Data Generator: Creating the Known Unknowns for Test and Evaluation of Visual Analytics Tools,” Mark A. Whiting, Wendy Cowley, Jereme Haack, Doug Love, Stephen Tratz, Caroline Varley, Kim Wiessner.
161. “TIBOR: A Resource-bounded Information Foraging Agent for Visual Analytics,” Dingxiang Liu, Anita Raja, Jayasri Vaidyanath; Proc. 2007 IEEE/ WIC/ ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT 2007), pp. 349-355.
162. “Toward a Deeper Understanding of the Role of Interaction in Information Visualization,” Ji Soo Yi, Youn ah Kang, John T. Stasko, Julie A. Jacko; IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, InfoVis '07, 13(6) pp. 1224-1231.
163. “Toward Effective Insight Management in Visual Analytics Systems,” Yang Chen, Jing Yang, William Ribarsky.
164. “Towards a Unified Approach to Information Integration—A Review Paper on Data/Information Fusion,” P. D. Whitney, C. Posse, X. C. Lei.
165. “Towards an Explanatory and Computational Theory of Scientific Discovery,” Chaomei Chen, Yue Chen, Mark Horowitz, Haiyan Hou, Zeyuan Liu, Donald Pellegrino; Journal of Informetrics.
166. “Towards an Extendable Software System for Information Integration,” Paul Whitney, Christian Posse, Xingye Lei.
167. “Tracing Conceptual and Geospatial Diffusion of Knowledge,” Chaomei Chen, Weizhong Zhu, Brian Tomaszewski, Alan MacEachren; HCI International 2007, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS 4564), Beijing, P.R. China.
168. “Understanding and Characterizing Insights: How Do People Gain Insights Using Information Visualization?,” Ji Soo Yi, Youn-ah Kang, John T. Stasko, Julie A. Jacko; Proceedings of BELIV '08, Florence, Italy.
169. “Understanding Government Contexts in GeoCollaborative Crisis Management,” Guoray Cai, Brian Tomaszewski.
170. “Understanding Information Visualization in the Context of Visual Communication,” Caroline Ziemkiewicz, Robert Kosara.
171. “Understanding Syndromic Hotspots—A Visual Analytics Approach,” Ross Maciejewski, Stephen Rudolph, Ryan Hafen, Ahmad Abusalah, Mohamed Yakout, Mourad Ouzzani, William S. Cleveland, Shaun J. Grannis, Michael Wade; IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST), 2008.
172. “Un-Interpreted Schema Matching with Embedded Value Mapping under Opaque Column Names and Data Values,” Anuj Jaiswal, David J. Miller, Prasenjit Mitra.
173. “Usage-Based Schema Matching,” Hazem Elmeleegy, Mourad Ouzzani, Ahmed Elmagarmid; 24th Int. Conf. on Data Engineering (ICDE), Cancun, Mexico, April 2008.
174. “Using a Human Cognition Model in the Creation of Collaborative Knowledge Visualizations,” Tera Marie Green, William Ribarsky.
175. “Using AI for Sensemaking in Investigative Analysis,” Summer Adams, Ashok K. Goel, Neha Sugandh; Georgia Tech GVU Technical Report (# GIT-GVU-09-09-03), January 2009.
176. “Using Visualization to Support Network and Application Management in a Data Center,” Danyel Fisher, David A. Maltz, Albert Greenberg, Xiaoyu Wang, Heather Warncke, George Robertson, Mary Czerwinski.
177. “Value and Relation Display: Interactive Visual Exploration of Large Datasets with Hundreds of Dimensions,” Jing Yang, Daniel Hubball, Matthew Ward, Elke Rundensteiner, William Ribarsky
178. “VAC Views” Issue 1, July 2006
179. “VAC Views” Issue 2, February 2007
180. “VAC Views” Issue 3, November 2007
181. “VAC Views” Issue 4, May 2008
182. “VAC Views” Issue 5, November 2008
183. “VAST 2006 Contest—A Tale of Alderwood,” Georges Grinstein, Theresa O’Connell, Sharon Laskowski, Catherine Plaisant, Jean Scholtz, Mark Whiting; IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics Science and Technology 2006, Baltimore, MD, IEEE.
184. “VAST 2007 Contest—Blue Iguanodon,” Georges Grinstein, Catherine Plaisant, Sharon Laskowski, Theresa O’Connell, Jean Scholtz, Mark Whiting; IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics, Science and Technology, Piscataway, NJ, IEEE.
185. “VAST 2007 Contest—TexPlorer,” Chi-Chun Pan, Anuj R. Jaiswal, Junyan Luo, Anthony Robinson, Prasenjit Mitra, Alan M. MacEachren, Ian Turton; Visual Analytics Science and Technology, 2007. VAST 2007. IEEE Symposium.
186. “VAST 2008 Challenge: Introducing Mini-Challenges,” Georges Grinstein, Catherine Plaisant, Sharon Laskowski, Theresa O’Connell, Jean Scholtz, Mark Whiting.
187. “VAST 2008 Wiki Editors Mini Challenge—Identifying Social Networks using Wiki.viz,” Chi-Chun Pan, Donald Pellegrino, Chris Weaver, Prasenjit Mitra; IEEE Visual Analytics, Science Technology Conference (VAST 2008). Columbus, OH.
188. “Verification of Access Control Requirements in Web Services Choreography,” Federica Paci, Mourad Ouzzani, Massimo Mecella; IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC 2008), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, July 8-11, 2008.
189. “Vision of Cyberinfrastructure for End-to-End Environmental Explorations (C4E4),” R. S. Govindaraju, B. Engel, D. Ebert, B. Fossum, M. Huber, C. Jafvert, S. Kumar, V. Merwade, D. Niyogi, L. Oliver, S. Prabhakar, G. Rochon, C. Song, L. Zhao; J. Hydrologic Engrg., Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 53-64, 2009.
190. “Vispedia: Interactive Visual Exploration of Wikipedia Data via Search-Based Integration,” Bryan Chan, Leslie Wu, Justin Talbot, Mike Cammarano, Pat Hanrahan; Proceedings of IEEE Information Visualization 2008 pp. 1213-1220.
191. “Visual Analysis and Semantic Exploration of Error Aware Urban Change Detection,” T Butkiewicz, R Chang, Z Wartell, W Ribarsky.
192. “Visual Analysis for Live LIDAR Battlefield Change Detection,” Thomas Butkiewicz, Remco Chang, Zachary Wartell, William Ribarsky.
193. “Visual Analysis of Conflicting Opinions,” Chaomei Chen, Fidelia Ibekwe-SanJuan, Eric SanJuan, Chris Weaver; IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST 2006), Baltimore, MD.
194. “Visual Analysis of Entity Relationships in Global Terrorism Database,” Alex Godwin, Remco Chang, Robert Kosara, William Ribarsky.
195. “Visual Analysis of Historic Hotel Visitation Patterns,” Chris Weaver, David Fyfe, Anthony Robinson, Deryck Holdsworth, Donna Peuquet, Alan M. MacEachren; Information Visualization 6: 89-103.
196. “Visual Analysis of Network Flow Data with Timelines and Event Plots,” Doantam Phan, John Gerth, Marcia Lee, Andreas Paepcke, Terry Winograd; Proceedings of Visualization for Security 2007 pp. 85-99.
197. “Visual Analysis of Urban Terrain Dynamics,” Thomas Butkiewicz, Remco Chang, William Ribarsky, Zachary Wartell.
198. “Visual Analytics and Storytelling Through Video,” Pak Chung Wong, Ken Perrine, Patrick Mackey, Harlan Foote, Jim Thomas; InfoVis05 Proceedings: IEEE Symposium on Information Visualization, October 23-25, 2005 - Video Track.
199. “Visual Analytics Education,” James Foley, Stu Card, David Ebert, A. MacEachren, Bill Ribarsky; VAST ,pp.209-211, 2006 IEEE Symposium On Visual Analytics Science And Technology, 2006.
200. “Visual Analytics for Complex Concepts Using a Human Cognition Model,” Tera Marie Green, William Ribarsky Brian Fisher.
201. “Visual Analytics of Spatial Scan Statistic Results,” Jin Chen, Alan MacEachren, Eugene Lengerich; GIScience 2008. Park City, Utah.
202. “Visual Analytics on Mobile Devices for Emergency Response,” SungYe Kim, Yun Jang, Angela Mellema, David S. Ebert, Timothy Collins; IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST), pp.35-42, 2007.
203. “Visual Analytics Science and Technology,” Pak Chung Wong (Guest Editor); Information Visualization 2007(6): 1-2.
204. “Visual Analytics: Why Now?,” James J. Thomas; Information Visualization 6(1): 104-106.
205. “Visual Analytics with Jigsaw,” Carsten Görg, Zhicheng Liu, Neel Parekh, Kanupriya Singhal, John Stasko; Proceedings of IEEE VAST '07, pp. 201-202.
206. “Visual Analytics,” Pak Chung Wong, Jim Thomas; IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, September/October 2004; pp 20-21.
207. “Visual Exploration And Analysis of Historic Hotel Visits,” Chris Weaver, David Fyfe, Anthony Robinson, Deryck Holdsworth, Donna Peuquet, Alan M. MacEachren.
208. “Visual Inquiry of Spatio-Temporal Multivariate Patterns,” Jin Chen; IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST 2006), Baltimore, MD.
209. “Visual Inquiry Toolkit—An Integrated Approach for Exploring and Interpreting Space-Time, Multivariate Patterns,” Jin Chen, Alan M. MacEachren, Diansheng Guo; AutoCarto 2006, Vancouver, WA.
210. “Visualization and Computer Graphics on Isotropically Emissive Volumetric Displays,” Benjamin Mora, Ross Maciejewski, Min Chen, David S. Ebert; IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 2008.
211. “Visualization Criticism—The Missing Link Between Information Visualization and Art,” Robert Kosara; IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol. 28(3), pp. 13-15, 2008.
212. “Visualization for Information Exploration and Analysis,” John Stasko; Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing, Herrsching am Ammersee, Germany, September 2008, pp. 7-8.
213. “Visualization of Heterogeneous Data,” Mike Cammarano, Xin (Luna) Dong, Bryan Chan, Jeff Klingner, Justin Talbot, Alon Halevy, Pat Hanrahan; Proceedings of IEEE Information Visualization 2007 pp. 1200-1207.
214. “Visualizing Uncertainty for Geographical Information in the Global Terrorism Database,” Josh Jones, Remco Chang, Thomas Butkiewicz, William Ribarsky.
215. “Visualizing Unstructured Text Documents Using Trees and Maps,” Ian Turton, Alan M. MacEachren; Workshop on Geospatial Visual Analytics at GIScience '08. Park City, Utah.
216. “Visually Exploring Worldwide Incidents Tracking System Data,” Shree D. Chhatwal, Stuart J. Rose; Visualization and Data Analysis, 28-29 January 2008. Proceedings of SPIE, Bellingham, WA, SPIE Publications.
217. “Volume Composition and Evaluation Using Eye Tracking Data,” Aidong Lu, Ross Maciejewski, David S. Ebert; ACM Transactions on Applied Perception, 2008.
218. “Volume Illustration Using Wang Cubes,” Aidong Lu, David S. Ebert, Wei Xiao, Martin Kraus, Benjamin Mora; ACM Transactions on Graphics, Vol. 26, No. 2, 2007.
219. “Walking The Path: A New Journey to Explore and Discover Through Visual Analytics,” Pak Chung Wong, Stuart J Rose, George Chin Jr., Deborah A Frincke, Richard May, Christian Posse, Antonio Sanfilippo, Jim Thomas; Information Visualization 5(4): 237-249.
220. “Wayfinding Choremes 2.0—Conceptual Primitives as a Basis for Translating Natural into Formal Language,” Alexander Klippel, Alan MacEachren, Prasenjit Mitra, Ian Turton, Anuj Jaiswal, Kean Soon, Xiao Zhang.
221. “Web-based Geovisualization and Geocollaboration: Applications to Public Health,” Robert E. Roth, Anthony Robinson, Michael Stryker, Alan M. MacEachren, Eugene J. Lengerich, Etien Koua; JSM Proceedings, Statistical Computing Section, Denver, CO, Alexandria, VA: American Statistical Association.
222. “WireVis: Visualization of Categorical, Time-Varying Data From Financial Transactions,” Remco Chang, Mohammad Ghoniem, Robert Kosara, William Ribarsky, Jing Yang, Evan Sumak, Caroline Ziemkiewicz, Daniel Kern, Agus Sudjiant.
223. “Capturing and Supporting the Analysis Process,” Nazanin Kadivar, Victor Chen,Dunsmuir, Eric Lee, Cheryl Qian, John Dill, Christopher Shaw, Robert Woodbury.
224. “Evaluating Visual Analytics Systems for Investigative Analysis: Deriving Design Principles from a Case Study,” Youn-ah Kang, Carsten Gorg, John Stasko.
225. “Motion Pointing: Target Selection using Elliptical Motions,” Jean-Daniel Fekete, NiklasElmqvist, Yves Guiard; Proceeding of the ACM CHI 2009 Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems 2009, pp. 289-298.
226. “Melange: Space Folding for Visual Exploration,” Niklas Elmqvist, Jean-Daniel Fekete, Yann Riche, Nathalie Henry; IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics 2009.
227. “Hierarchical Aggregation for Information Visualization: Overview, Techniques and Design Guidelines,” Niklas Elmqvist, Jean-Daniel Fekete; IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics 2009.
228. “Towards Utilizing GPUs in Information Visualization: A Model and Implementation of Image-Space Operations,” Bryan McDonnel, Niklas Elmqvist; IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (Proc. InfoVis 2009).
229. “Building and Applying a Human Cognition Model for Visual Analytics,” Tera Marie Green, William Ribarsky, Brian Fisher.
230. “Defining and Applying Knowledge Conversion Processes to a Visual Analytics System,” Xiaoyu Wang, Dong Jeong, Wenwen Dou, Seok-won Lee, William Ribarsky, and Remco Chang; Computers and Graphics (Special Issue on Knowledge-Assisted Visualization) 2009.
231. “Hierarchical Multi-touch Selection Techniques for Collaborative Geospatial Analysis,” Thomas Butkiewicz, Dong Hyun Jeong, Zachary Wartell, William Ribarsky, and Remco Chang; SPIE (Defense & Security Conference 200) Vol. 2346, 2009.
232. “Introspective Self-Explanations for Report Generation in Intelligence Analysis,” Ashok Goel, Emile Morse, Anita Raja, Jean Scholtz and John Stasko; Proc. IJCAI-09 Workshop on Explanation-Aware Computing, July 11-12, Pasadena, California.
233. “Preconceptions and Individual Differences in Understanding Visual Metaphors,” Caroline Ziemkiewicz and Robert Kosara; Proc. EG/IEEE EuroVis 2009, pp. 911-918.
234. “The Science of Analytical Reasoning,” William Ribarsky, Brian Fisher, and William Pottenger; Information Visualization Journal.
235. “Understanding Principal Component Analysis Using a Visual Analytics Tool,” Dong Hyun Jeong, Caroline Ziemkiewicz, William Ribarsky and Remco Chang.
236. “An Interactive Approach for Filtering out Junk Images from Keyword-Based Google Search Results,” Y. Gao, J. Peng, H. Luo, D. Keim, J. Fan; IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 19, no. 10, 2009.
237. “Personalized News Video Recommendation,” H. Luo, J. Fan, D. Keim, and S. Satoh; Proceedings of the 15th Internation Multimedia Modeling Conference (January, 2009).
238. “Incorporate Visual Analytics to Design a Human-Centered Computing Framework for Personalized Classifier Training and Image Retrieval,” Y. Gao, C. Yang, Yi Shen, and J. Fan; LNCS (Springer, 2009)
239. “ResultMaps: Visualization for Search Interfaces,” E. Clarkson, J. Foley, K. Desai; IEEE InfoVis 2009.
240. “Integrating Visual and Semantic Contexts for Topic Network Generation and Word Sense Disambiguation,” J. Fan, H. Luo, Y. Shen, C. Yang; ACM Conference on Image and Video Retrieval 2009.
241. “Human-Computer Interaction for Large-Scale Image Retrieval,” Y. Gao, C. Yang, Y. Shen, J. Fan; IEEE Conference on Multimedia Expo 2009.
242. “From Visualization to Visually Enabled Reasoning,” Joerg Meyer, Jim Thomas, Stephan Diehl, Brian Fisher, Daniel Keim, David Laidlaw, Silvia Misch, Klaus Mueller, William Ribarsky, Bernhard Preim, and Anders Ymmerman; Proceedings of Dagstuhl Seminar No. 07291 on Scientific Visualization.
243. “Using Personality Factors to Predict Interface Learning Performance,” T.M. Green, D. H. Jeong, B. Fisher; Proceedings of the 43rd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences 2010.
244. “Epistemically Active Adaptive User Interfaces,” S. Nobarany, M. Haraty, B. Fisher, S. DiPaola; UIST 2009 Oct. 4-7, Victoria BC.
245. “iPCA: An Interactive System for PCA-based Visual Analytics,” D. H. Jeong, C. Ziemkiewicz, Z. Zhang, B. Fisher, W. Ribarsky, R. Chang; IEEE-VGTC Symposium on Visualization 2009, Berlin, Germany.
246. “AdWil: Adaptive Windows Layout Manager,” M. Haraty, S. Nobarany, S. DiPaola, B. Fisher; CHI 2009 Works –in-progress.
247. “Symposium on Visual Analytics,” B. Fisher, J. Kielman, W.B. Paley, M. Rester; Cognitive Science Society meeting, Amsterdam 2009.
248. “Science and Smart Graphics,” B. Fisher; Information Technology.
249. “Evidence against a speed limit in multiple-object tracking,” S. L. Franconeri, J. Y. Lin, Z. W. Pylyshyn, B. Fisher, J. T. Enns; Psychonomic Bulletin & Review.
250. “Lecture Notes in Computer Science: Smart graphics 9th international symposium,” Butz, B. Fisher, A. Kruger, P. Oliver; Srpinger-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York.
251. “Spatial annotation technology for public deliberation,” G. Cai, B. Yu; Transactions in GIS, pp. 123-146.
252. “Research to Reality: Supporting Public Health Research, Surveillance, and Practice with Geovisual Analytics,” F. Hardisty, A. MacEachren; The Third Annual DHS University Network Summit, Washington D.C.
253. “Color Enhanced Star Plot Glyphs – Can Salient Shape Characteristics be Overcome?,” Klippel, F. Hardisty; Cartographica 2009, pp. 217-231.
254. “Needs Assessment for the Design of Information Synthesis Visual Analytics Tools,” A.C. Robinson; IEEE International Conference on Information Visualization, Barcelona, Spain, July 15th-17th 2009.
255. “Visual Highlighting Methods for Geovisualization,” A. C. Robinson; 24th International Cartographic Conference, Santiag, Chile, November 15th – 21st.
256. “Beyond our borders: contextualization humanitarian crisis situations,” B. Tomaszewski; Student Research in Visual Analytics For A Safer National panel, Third Annual DHS University Network Summit on Research and Education 2009, Washington D.C.
257. “Facilitating Participation Decision-Making in Local Communities through Map-Based Online Discussion,” B. Yu, G. Cai; Fourth International Conference on Communities And Technologies 2009.
258. “Integrating scientific modeling and supporting dynamic hazard management with a GeoAgent-based representation of human environment interactions: a drought example In Central Pennsylvania, USA,” C. Yu, A. M. MacEachren, B. Yarnal, Environmental Modeling & Software 2009.
259. “Supporting Synthesis in Geovisualization,” A.C. Robinson; International Journal of Geographical Information Science.
260. “The GeoViz Toolkit: Using Component-Oriented Coordination Methods to Aid Geovisualization Application Construction,” F. Hardisty, A. C. Robinson; International Journal of Geographical Information Science.
261. “Un-Interpreted Schema Matching with Embedded Value Mapping under Opaque Column Names and Data Values,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering.
“Situation Awareness and Virtual Globes: Applications for Disaster Management,”
B. Tomaszewski; Computers and Geosciences.
“Event Detection Using Spatial Latent Dirchlet Allocation,” C. Pan, P. Mitra; 21st International
Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Pasadena, California.
“Visual Analytics of Spatial Scan Statistic Results,” J. Chen, A. MacEachren, E. Lengerich.
“Individual differences in the conceptualization of movement patterns,” A. Klippel, C. Weaver
“Visualizing movement statements in text with GeoTermTree,” A.M. MacEachren, I. Turton,
Alex Klippel, Sen Xu.
“Supporting Rapid Sensemaking in Diverse Web Document Foraging. Computers, Environment
And Urban Systems,” B. Tomaszewski, J. Blanford, K. Ross, S. Pezanowski, A. MacEachren
268. "A Data Intergration Framework for Enhancing Emergency Response Situation Reports with Multi-Agency, Multi-Partner Data" Dr. Shu-Ching Chen, Dr. Tao Li, Steven Luis, Li Zheng, Yimin Yang, Fausto Fleites, Hsin-yu Ha, Yi Zhang, Jesse Domack, Mark Oleson, Jason Allen
269. "Exploring Interaction Between Images and Texts for Web Image Categorization" Lei Li, Wenting Lu, Jingxuan Li, Tao Li, Honggang Zhang, Jun Guo
270. "Combining Computational Analyses and Interactive Visualization to Enhance Information Retrieval" Carsten Gorg, Jaeyeon Kihm, Jaegul Choo, Zhicheng Liu, Sivasailam Muthiah, Haesun Park, John Stasko
271. "Data Investigation and Marshalling in Jigsaw" Zhicheng Liu, Carsten Görg, Jaeyeon Kihm, Hanseung Lee, Jaegul Choo, Haesun Park, John Stasko
272. "Gene Tracer: Gene Sequence Analysis of Disease Mutations" Hanseung Lee, Jaegul Choo, Carsten Görg, Jaeeun Shim, Jaeyeon Kihm, Zhicheng Liu, Haesun Park, John Stasko
273. "How Can Visual Analytics Assist Investigative Analysis? Design Implications from an Evaluation" Youn-ah Kang, Carsten Görg, John Stasko
274. "Mental Models, Visual Reasoning and Interaction in Information Visualization: A Top-Down Perspective" Zhicheng Liu, John T Stasko
275. "Visualization and Language Processing for Supporting Analysis Across the Biomedical Literature" Carsten Görg, Hannah Tipney, Karin Verspoor, William A. Baumgartner Jr., K. Bretonnel Cohen, John Stasko, Lawrence E. Hunter
276. "Hypothesis Generation and Data Quality Assessment through Association Mining" Ping Chen, Wei Ding, Walter Garcia
277. "Hypothesis Generation and Data Quality Assessment through Association Mining" Ping Chen, Walter Garcia
278. "Semantic Analysis of Free Text and its Application on Automatically Assigning ICD-9-CM Codes to Patient Records" Ping Chen, Araly Barrera, Chris Rhodes
279. "Visual Analytics for Effective Interdisciplinary Collaboration" Richard A. Aló, Erin Hodgess, Hooman Hemmati, Duber Gomez-Fonseca, Sarah Jennisca, Lilian Antunes, Tia Pilaroscia
280. "Word Sense Distribution in a Web Corpus" Ping Chen, David Brown, Andrew Tran, Noble Ozoka, Rafael Ortiz
281. "Visual Analytics for Effective Interdisciplinary Collaboration" Richard A. Aló, Erin Hodgess, Hooman Hemmati, Duber Gomez-Fonseca, Sarah Jennisca, Lilian Antunes, Tia Pilaroscia
282. "Emergency Pocket Placard: Providing Emergency Response Information via Mobile Application" Chicora Chandler, Jotham Greer, Loretta A. Moore, Jacqueline M. Jackson, Nitin Khanna, Edward J. Delp
283. "Symbology Standardization Monthly Report" Alan MacEachren, Anthony Robinson
284. "A Pandemic Influenza Modeling and Visualization Tool" Ross Maciejewski, Philip Livengood, Stephen Rudolph, Timothy F. Collins, David S. Ebert, Robert T. Brigantic, Courtney D. Corley, George A. Muller, Stephen W. Sanders
285. "ALIDA: Using Maching Learning for Intent Discernment in Visual Analytics Interfaces" Tera Marie Green, Ross Maciejewski, Steve DiPaola
286. "Background Subtraction Using A Pixel-Wise Adaptive Learning Rate for Object Tracking Initialization" Ka Ki Ng, Edward J. Delp
287. "Color Correction for Object Tracking Across Multiple Cameras" Satyam Srivastava, Ka Ki Ng, Edward J. Delp
288. "Co-ordinate Mapping and Analysis of Vehicle Trajectory for Anomaly Detection" Satyam Srivastava, Ka Ki Ng, Edward J. Delp
289. "Crowd Flow Estimation Using Multiple Visual Features for Scenes with Changing Crowd Densities" Satyam Srivastava, Ka Ki Ng, Edward J. Delp
290. "Describing Temporal Correlation Spaially in a Visual Analytics Environment" Abish Malik, Ross Maciejewski, Erin Hodgess, David S. Ebert
291. "Dynamic Insets for Context-Aware Graph Navigation" S. Ghani, N. Henry Riche, N. Elmqvist
292. "Evaluating the Effectiveness of Illustrative Visualization of Schematic Diagrams for Maintenance Tasks" Sungye Kim, Insoo Woo, Ross Maciejewski, David S. Ebert, Timothy D. Ropp, Krystal Thomas
293. "Fast and Robust Object Detection and Tracking for Lightweight Visual Surveillance Systems" Ka Ki Ng, Edward J. Delp
294. "Foreground Segmentation with Sudden Illumination Changes Using A Shading Model and A Guassianity Test" Ka Ki Nh, Satyam Srivastava, Edward J. Delp
295. "Improving Revisitation in Graphs through Static Spatial Features" Sohaib Ghani, Niklas Elmqvist
296. "New Models for Real-Time Tracking Using Particle Filtering" Ka Ki Ng, Edward J. Delp
297. "Object Tracking Initialization Using Automatic Moving Object Detection" Ka Ki Ng, Edward J. Delp
298. "Spatial Scan Statistics on the GPGPU" Stephen G. Larew, Ross Maciejewski, Insoo Woo, David S. Ebert
299. "Standoff Video Analysis for the Detection of Security Anomalies in Vehicles" Satyam Srivastava, Edward J. Delp
300. "Spatial Scan Statistics on the GPGPU" Stephen G. Larew, Ross Maciejewski, Insoo Woo, David S. Ebert
301. "VACCINATED - Visual Analytics for Characterizing a Pandemic Spread" Abish Malik, Shehzad Afzal, Erin Hodgess, David S. Ebert, Ross Maciejewski
302. "Visual Analytic Roadblocks for Novice Investigators" Bum chul Kwon, Brian Fisher, Ji Soo Yi
303. "Visual Analytics Law Enforcement Toolkit" Abish Malik, Ross Maciejewski, Timothy F. Collins, David S. Ebert
304. "Visual Surveillance of Vehicles for the Detection of Anomalies" Satyam Srivastava, Edward J. Delp
305. "WordBridge: Using Composite Tag Clouds in Node-Link Diagrams for Visualizing Content Relations in Text Corpora" KyungTae Kim, Sungahn Ko, Niklas Elmqvist, David S. Ebert
306. "An Experimental Study of Financial Portfolio Selection with Visual Analytics for Decision Support" Anya Savikhin, Hon Cheong Lam, Brian Fisher, David S. Ebert
307. "ExplorationMap: Supporting Collaborative Exploratory Information Seeking" Mona Haraty, Syavash Nobarany, Brian Fisher
308. "Pair Analytics: Capturing Reasoning Processes in Collaborative Visual Analytics" Richard Arias-Hernández, Linda T. Kaastra, Tera M. Green, Brian Fisher
309. "Using Personality Factors to Predict Interface Learning Performance" Tera Marie Green, Dong Hyun Jeong, Brian Fisher
310. "Visual Analytics and Human Computer Interaction" Richard Arias-Hernández, John Dill, Brian Fisher, Tera Marie Green
311. "Visual Analytics as a Translational Cognitive Science" Brian Fisher, Tera Marie Green, Richard Arias-Hernández
312. "LiveLayer: Real-time Traffic Video Visualization on Geographical Maps" Simon Walton, Min Chen, David Ebert
313. "Automatically Protecting Privacy in Consumer Generated Videos Using Intended Human Object Detector" Yuta Nakashima, Noboru Babaguchi, Jianping Fan
314. "EventRiver: An Event-Based Visual Analytics Approach to Exploring Large Text Collections with a Temporal Focus" Dongning Luo, Jing Yang, Milos Krstajic, William Ribarsky, Daniel Keim
315. "Visual Analysis of Stream Texts with Keywords Significance" Jamal Alsakran, Ye Zhao, Dongning Luo, Jing Yang
316. "RiskVA: A Visual Analytics System for Consumer Credit Risks Analysis" Xiaoyu Wang, Dong Jeong, Remco Chang, Arun Pinto, William Ribarsky
317. "Semi-Automated Processing and Routing Within Indoor Structures for Emergency Response Applications" Jianfei Liu, Kyle Lyons, Kalpathi Subramanian, William Ribarsky
318. "Social Computing for Collaborative Image Understanding" Jianping Fan, William Ribarsky, Ramesh Jian
319. "Structured Max-Margin Learning for Multi-Label Image Annotation" Xiangyang Xue, Hangzai Luo, Jianping Fan
320. "Tools for Collaborative Visual Analytics" Yang and group
321. "Aligning Border Security Workflow and Decision Making with Supporting Information and Communication Systems" Robin E. Mays, Mark Zachry, Alper Murat, Mark P. Haselkorn
322. "Defining "Fast": Factors Affecting the Experience of Speed in Humanitarian Logistics" Rebecca Walton, Robin Mays, Mark Haselkorn
324. "Co-located Collaborative Sensemaking on a Large High-Resolution Display with Multiple Input Devices" Katherine Vogt, Lauren Bradel, Christopher Andrews, Chris North, Alex Endert, Duke Hutchings
325. "Space for Two to Think: Large, High-Resolution Displays for Co-located Collaborative Sensemaking" Katherine Vogt, Lauren Bradel, Christopher Andrews, Chris North, Alex Endert, Duke Hutchings
VACCINE is dedicated to creating methods and tools to analyze and manage vast amounts of information for all mission areas of homeland security.
View VACCINE Information:
- Arizona State University
- Florida International University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Indiana University
- Morgan State University
- Navajo Technical College
- Pennsylvania State University
- Purdue University
- Stanford University
- University of California, San Diego
- University of Houston, Downtown
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Washington
- Virginia Tech
- Carleton University, Canada
- Dalhousie University, Canada
- Justice Institute of British Columbia, Canada
- Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Swansea University, UK
- University of British Columbia, Canada
- University of Calgary, Canada
- University of Manitoba, Canada
- University of Oxford, UK
- University of Stuttgart, Germany
- University of Victoria, Canada
Featured VACCINE Student
Silvia Oliveros-Torres is a master's student in computer engineering graduating in May 2013.
500 Central Drive #226
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2022
- Phone: (765) 496-3747
- Fax: (765) 494-1028