Research and Partnerships
Few universities can match the depth and breadth of Purdue's research capabilities and talent. As you explore our world-changing research, you'll quickly see why Purdue is a national and global leader in discovery and innovation.
- 2019 Big Ten – Ivy League TBI Research Collaboration Summit SAVE THE DATE
- The Federal Interagency Sedimentation and Hydrologic Modeling Conference (SEDHYD)
- “Anthropocene Organisms": Reading Retreat in Environmental Philosophy
- Spring 2019 Special Lectures in Neuroscience – P.A.M. (Paul) Smeets Ph.D.
- CEREBBRAL Spring Symposium
Research at Purdue
- Aero/astro research could create early-warning system for solar storms emitted from the sun
- Emergency solution: Purdue technology opens the door for improved rescue kits for people with diabetes, hypoglycemia
- Spherical viruses aren’t as perfectly circular as we thought
- Distinguished research awards lecture series highlights fall events
- How quantum computing paired with AI could help monitor US electrical grid
Record research funding
Purdue University achieved another record year of sponsored research funding, reaching $418.3 million in fiscal year 2017, topping the previous year’s record of $403 million.
The total includes funding from federal agencies, foundations, nonprofit organizations and industry received during the fiscal year completed on June 30.
Suresh Garimella, Purdue’s executive vice president for research and partnerships, says the record reflects the quality, creativity and tenacity of the University’s faculty.
The record year comes as Purdue penned historic agreements with such giants as Eli Lilly and Co., Rolls-Royce, Microsoft Corp., and Ford Motor Co.