Research and Partnerships
Few universities can match the depth and breadth of Purdue's research capabilities and talent. As you explore our world-changing research, you'll quickly see why Purdue is a national and global leader in discovery and innovation.
Research at Purdue
- Ulcers from diabetes? New shoe insole could provide healing on-the-go
- Aero/astro research could create early-warning system for solar storms emitted from the sun
- How a zap might cure digestive disorders
- Emergency solution: Purdue technology opens the door for improved rescue kits for people with diabetes, hypoglycemia
- Spherical viruses aren’t as perfectly circular as we thought
Record research funding
Purdue University achieved another record year of sponsored research funding, reaching $418.3 million in fiscal year 2017, topping the previous year’s record of $403 million.
The total includes funding from federal agencies, foundations, nonprofit organizations and industry received during the fiscal year completed on June 30.
Suresh Garimella, Purdue’s executive vice president for research and partnerships, says the record reflects the quality, creativity and tenacity of the University’s faculty.
The record year comes as Purdue penned historic agreements with such giants as Eli Lilly and Co., Rolls-Royce, Microsoft Corp., and Ford Motor Co.