Purdue features 5 students' interests and hobbies
December 4, 2012
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Purdue University is highlighting five students who are pursuing hobbies and activities that relate to sports, dancing, music and comedy.
Purdue Marketing and Media has developed a website at https://www.purdue.edu/fivestudents/news-makers/index.html that includes information about the students and their activities.
The five "Fun Makers" are:
* Stephen Backus of Fort Wayne, Ind., a senior studying wildlife. He is head facilitator for the Boiler Challenge Program that offers challenge courses for groups of eight to 100, and his activities include rock climbing, competitive fencing and dog training.
* Karlee Hepp of Fishers, Ind., a senior studying nursing. She is president of the Purdue Dance Marathon, which raises funds for Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis, and this year's event set an all-time high by raising $528,654.67.
* Lane Konkel of Brookfield, Wis., a senior studying industrial engineering. She is head of Purdue's Paint Crew, which is composed of 3,000 students. After graduation, she plans to work for GE Healthcare in the company's Operations Management Leadership Program.
* Lloyd Taylor of Gary, Ind., a sophomore studying industrial technology. He loves to perform music, dance, comedy and acts of faith and service including a mission trip to Guatemala the summer before he came to Purdue. He also has worked on music parody videos posted on You Tube including "Swipes on Swipes on Swipes" and "Purdue Bernie."
* Brian Frankel of Deerfield, Ill., a senior studying movement and sport sciences. He is an intramural sports supervisor and plays on soccer and volleyball teams.
Writer: Amy Patterson Neubert, 765-494-9723, email@example.com
Sources: Stephen Backus, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karlee Hepp, email@example.com
Lane Konkel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lloyd Taylor, email@example.com
Brian Frankel, firstname.lastname@example.org