September 8, 2021
Save the date: Virtual Road to Retirement conference to take place Sept. 22-24
Human Resources’ fall 2021 Road to Retirement conference, which features a variety of relevant retirement planning topics to meet individuals where they are on their retirement path, will take place Sept. 22-24.
The three-day virtual event -- supported by the Healthy Boiler financial wellness pillar -- is packed with information designed to help employees plan for retirement. The Road to Retirement conference schedule offers presentations by representatives from a variety of organizations and perspectives, including:
- Center for Healthy Living.
- Henriott Group.
- HSA Bank.
- INPRS – PERF.
- Purdue University – HR Benefits.
Presenters will discuss many financial wellness and retirement planning topics, including:
- Creating a budget.
- Learning the ins and outs of your retirement program.
- Tackling student loan debt.
- Benefits of consolidating your retirement accounts.
- Review the target date fund default investment option within your plan.
- Staying socially connected after retirement.
- Advantages of including HSA as part of your retirement savings strategy.
- Maximizing Social Security.
- Preparing for the reality of health care costs.
- Understanding your retiree health insurance options.
Attendees can take advantage of live and pre-recorded offerings over the course of the three-day event to help them on their personal road to retirement.
More information will be shared via Purdue Today and email as the event approaches. In the meantime, check out the Road to Retirement webpage, which includes recorded presentations from past Road to Retirement events as well as links to many other retirement-related resources. This webpage will be updated as event details are confirmed.