October 26, 2020
Open enrollment for 2021 benefits begins Wednesday; resources, labs available to assist employees
Open enrollment 2021 begins Wednesday (Oct. 28) and ends at 6 p.m. ET Nov. 10. Employees are asked to actively enroll via Benefitfocus.
Human Resources Benefits will again provide on-site computer labs during open enrollment for those employees who need access to a computer or broadband internet. The on-site computer lab will be open from Oct. 28 through Nov. 10 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. In order to adhere to Protect Purdue guidelines on capacity and social distancing, appointments will be required. Employees in need of lab time can sign up here.
- An open enrollment guide is available for employees at all campuses, including a version in Spanish. The online guide includes details about what is changing, how to enroll and resources available.
- Recorded enrollment presentation provides a detailed overview of information pertinent to benefits open enrollment for 2021 in an interactive format. For employees who were unable to attend a virtual presentation or those who would like a quick review, the recorded PowerPoint presentation highlights key enrollment information, including plans being offered, how a consumer-driven health plan (CDHP) works, what’s new for 2021, how to enroll and more. Viewers can pause or rewind at any time to review specific information.
- Working Spouse Guide: Employees can follow the guide to see how and if the premium applies to their family as well as if a Working Spouse Premium Waiver Form is required.
- Working Spouse Premium Waiver Form: Employees who meet the waiver criteria for covering a working spouse must fill out and upload this form into Benefitfocus by Dec. 1.
- How to Upload Working Spouse Premium Waiver Form: These detailed instructions provide step-by-step instructions on how to upload the form into Benefitfocus.
Employees should direct questions to Human Resources – Benefits at their respective campus. Allow time for responses as customer service’s call volume increases significantly during open enrollment.